• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Day at South Dakota Capitol

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
Greetings everyone! Today Mr. TTB, Holly the Corgi Dog, and I started our trip back to my folks place in SW Colorado for Christmas--our trip today took us through Pierre, SD to check out the 25th Annual Christmas Tree display at the SD Capitol...it's quite the display--certainly something to see. Our pictures today reflect our visit to the Capitol grounds.

Christmas Cheers-- :santa:

TTB, Mr. TTB, and Holly the Corgi Dog

South Dakota Capitol

capitol.jpg

One of our favorite trees

100_0075.jpg

Looking down at the second floor from the third

100_0080.jpg

A cute snowman greeting visiting tree viewers

100_0085.jpg

Our Senator, Eric Bogue's desk

100_0079.jpg

Saluting public officers at the Fallen Heros Memorial

100_0090.jpg

Hissing swan (doesn't like Holly) at the Fallen Heros Memorial

100_0097.jpg

Huge carp at the Memorial

100_0098.jpg

The new South Dakota Govenor's Mansion (and holy cow it's HUGE!!!)

100_0092.jpg

South Dakota Govenor's Mansion from a Corgi's Point of View

100_0101.jpg

TTB & Mr. TTB:

Aren't these digital cameras awesome? We can take the trip right with you! Can't wait to see pics from SW CO!! Thanks for sharing!!!

See you couldn't resist hanging your note to Santa on the big beautiful Christmas tree.
Those are wonderful decorations. Only takes a billion lights :roll: to get the effect. Thank you for sharing since we've never seen the SD capitol.

Great pictures TTB!! A relative of ours was in charge of the Christmas trees at the Capitol for years, but this is the first time I've seen any of them. Seems like we always need to be in Pierre in January while the legislature is in session, so we miss this.

Senate Majority Leader, Eric Bogue, is also our Senator and we think a lot of him. Both he and House Majority Leader, Larry Rhodan, have been fighting to rein in GF&P to preserve our property rights and we really appreciate all they've tried to do for us.

Gov. Rounds is another story altogether....

Its funny....I grew up with Pierre being "our town" and not once have we went in and seen the trees they waste so much money and time on. Even now i write this from home in South Dakota and would rather eat glass then go in and wander through the trees they have set up there.....

Call me mr scrooooge!

TXTibbs said:
Its funny....I grew up with Pierre being "our town" and not once have we went in and seen the trees they waste so much money and time on. Even now i write this from home in South Dakota and would rather eat glass then go in and wander through the trees they have set up there.....

Call me mr scrooooge!

Scrooge McTibbs:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

I guess one man's trash is anothers treasure, and I personally think the trees are very unique and something to be proud of--how do you know what they are like if you have never seen them??? It's like when someone says they don't like a food, but yet have never tried it. While you're back in the great state of SD, do yourself a favor, put on your happy pants and go see the trees.

By the way, who pays for the trees anyway??? It appears to me that not a red cent of tax payer money goes to them, as they all have signs on them saying "donated by....; decorated by....."

In my own opinion the Capitol and trees are the only pretty things in the whole Pierre/Ft. Pierre Metropolis--both towns could certainly use a good cleaning up!!!

Cheers to a better day--

TTB

By the way if you're gonna eat glass you'd better find a damn good doctor!!!

Turkey Track Bar said:
TXTibbs said:

Call me mr scrooooge!

Scrooge McTibbs:

I guess one man's trash is anothers treasure, and I personally think the trees are very unique and something to be proud of--how do you know what they are like if you have never seen them??? It's like when someone says they don't like a food, but yet have never tried it. While you're back in the great state of SD, do yourself a favor, put on your happy pants and go see the trees.

By the way, who pays for the trees anyway??? It appears to me that not a red cent of tax payer money goes to them, as they all have signs on them saying "donated by....; decorated by....."

In my own opinion the Capitol and trees are the only pretty things in the whole Pierre/Ft. Pierre Metropolis--both towns could certainly use a good cleaning up!!!

Cheers to a better day--

TTB

I've seen them plenty of times cause there is never a shortage of people like you who can't seem to leave their cameras at home :wink: :wink: :D

And i'm sure there is tax payer dollars going into them somehow.....they have lights on them don't they? Someone is paying the electric bill :lol: :D ....ok, ok i'll hush....haha.

Merry Christmas to you to!

I'm headed for Rapid City today......but its raining like cats and dogs out. Better than ice and snow i guess.

TXTibbs said:
Turkey Track Bar said:
TXTibbs said:

Call me mr scrooooge!

Scrooge McTibbs:

Cheers to a better day--

TTB

I've seen them plenty of times cause there is never a shortage of people like you who can't seem to leave their cameras at home :wink: :wink: :D

And i'm sure there is tax payer dollars going into them somehow.....they have lights on them don't they? Someone is paying the electric bill :lol: :D ....ok, ok i'll hush....haha.

Merry Christmas to you to!

I'm headed for Rapid City today......but its raining like cats and dogs out. Better than ice and snow i guess.

You would think a Government employee such as yourself should condone frivelous spending keep's you in a job.

Hey TXTibbs - while you're traveling around, stop and pick up the latest issue of Western Horseman. It's got a great article about Casey Tibbs.

Welcome back to the state. Glad you haven't had to suffer from the cold this week, at least so far...

Latest posts