• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Day in Deadwood

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
The bull sessionaires had a great time in Deadwood. Special thanks to nr and her husband, Craig, for organizing this wonderful event, and to Macon and Susan Gravlee for showing all of us such fine Southern hospitality in a northern setting. It was a time of putting real life faces to the little avatars with which we are familiar. It was "old home week" mixed with meeting new friends, and now we are enjoying reflecting on the wonderful memories of the occasion.

Effectiveadvertising.jpg

Effective advertising
Hailhailthegangsallhere.jpg

Hail, hail, the gang's all here
TumbleweedBigMuddyRancherandImjealo.jpg

Tumbleweed, Big Muddy Rancher, and I'm jealous of all the thick hair on sw's head
Saddletramp and Jinglebob
Cutekidsatthemall.jpg

Cute kids at the mall
Prettyflowergarden.jpg

Pretty flower garden

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Who's who? left to right...row by row....
I know my eye sights failin...but I can't read those name tags hehe

Back hat row: Big Muddy Rancher, Tumbleweed, Saddletramp, Macon, Jinglebob, Mr. Turkey Track Bar, and Soapweed
Middle rows: sw, Hanta Yo, nr, Clarence, SDJohn, Kate, Carole3218, feeder, and MRJ

Front row: Mr. nr (Craig), Martin (Clarence's brother), Turkey Track Bar, Miss Tam, and Bob M

I have to quit looking at this soon. In the morning Baling Wire (we're just neighbors fyi), is going to feel the same.
Next get-together I nominate November, late enough that shipping is done. I didn't get married the second of December for the weather.
Thanks for the pictures, Soapweed, although I can tell you were busy having fun. Five pictures of history in the making, and 47 pictures of the back end of your bulls? Just my jealously rearing it's ugly head.

wonder why that big ole canuckle head is looking at the menu,you know damn well he is gonna have beef..............good luck

Thanks for posting the pictures. If this happens again, I'm gonna make it down there come hell or high water. Haymaker's idea of later in the year sounds good though.

Good pix of Tumbleweed. I sure wish I'd have had my camera along in Union Center this summer when the Ringling 5 had him up on stage letting us look at his legs. Nice!!

Thanks for the compliment on the legs liberty bell but I think if I every go anywhere those norwegions from montana are the entertainment again I'm gonna sit in the back row! For anyone whose wondering they wanted to pick someone out of the crowd and see if they were a real rancher cause all ranchers have white hairy legs and knobby knees according to them. I guess I passed the test! Another way to tell is if they are wearing long handled underwear in the summer time. My dad was sitting there and if I'd known what they were going to do I'd have had him go up there to. He's 87 years old and was wearing his long handles even though the temperature was in the 80's.

Tumbleweed, I'm sorry I missed the doin's at Union Center this year. I was away on a trip to McCook NE to visit my uncle down there. I saw a lot of the NE sandhill country where quite a few of our rancher friends are from on the trip. Went south of Rapid City going down through Chadron and Ogalala. Coming home was a straight shot up US83 to Murdo and then west on the interstate. Had dinner that day at a nice family owned cafe in Valentine.

Just had to reply. Had a great time. We have to give a lot of credit to nr and Craig, and to Macon and his wife, for getting this all together.

Soapweed, Carol's picture is great we need one of her on here too. Hope someone will post one of Macon and his wife also. had a nice visit with bmr and Tam during breakfast.

Got back home last night about midnight. we spent yesterday sightseeing in the Hills, stopped a couple of places, including The Crazy Horse Memorial sight. I had never stoppeed there before, had just thought it was a crazy man's dream that would never be finished. But I was really impressed.

Thanks everyone, you all helped to make it a great day.

Clarence

I asked my grandfather why he used to wear his longhandles all summer. Grandpa asked to see the inside of my knees, of course they were all blistered, and he said, to keep mine from looking like yours. We used to start branding May 6 when we first out of school and never stop until July 5, that is alot of wear, in an old army remount outfit.

Just a thought, for next year instead of Deadwood maybe ranchers could have a get-together in the NE sandhills? Sure seemed like a lot of you good folks came from that area!

Soapweed said:
The bull sessionaires had a great time in Deadwood. Special thanks to nr and her husband, Craig, for organizing this wonderful event, and to Macon and Susan Gravlee for showing all of us such fine Southern hospitality in a northern setting. It was a time of putting real life faces to the little avatars with which we are familiar. It was "old home week" mixed with meeting new friends, and now we are enjoying reflecting on the wonderful memories of the occasion.

Effectiveadvertising.jpg

Effective advertising
Hailhailthegangsallhere.jpg

Hail, hail, the gang's all here
TumbleweedBigMuddyRancherandImjealo.jpg

Tumbleweed, Big Muddy Rancher, and I'm jealous of all the thick hair on sw's head
Saddletramp and Jinglebob
Cutekidsatthemall.jpg

Cute kids at the mall
Prettyflowergarden.jpg

Pretty flower garden
HEY! THIS IS WHAT I CALL "THE RANCHERS.NETOGTHER" How's that for a Logo Name??

DOC HARRIS

Looks and sounds like you all had a great time! All the smiles!

Did any of you bring home any "unique" souveniers?

S.S.A.P. said:
Looks and sounds like you all had a great time! All the smiles!

Did any of you bring home any "unique" souveniers?

Our suitcase will be a little heavier with some dinosaur or other animal bone fossils from Jinglebob's hill. You can see the smooth striated outside and the pitted marrow.
Really neat! Eat your heart out TX Tibbs :D :lol:

Latest posts