• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Day two pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Starting out day two, strung out nicely.
Strungout.jpg

On top of the hill, kinda breezy
Upto.jpg

If you look closely on the cliffs, you can see Mikes horse. He was glassing for deer!
Mikeoncliffs.jpg

Heading for the first gate, that is the Lower Powder Valley you can see in the distance.
LowerPowderValley.jpg

Dolly and some rocks
Dollyintherocks.jpg

Going out the gate
Goingthroughthegate.jpg

This hill is steeper than it looks, and rocky, a single file trail so takes a while for them to down (or up) it.
Downthehill.jpg

Another picture of the hill
Thehill.jpg

Finally stringing out again
Strungout.jpg

The last gate
Thelastgate.jpg

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
That "Goin out the gate" one.....needs to be about 2ft by 3ft hung over yer fireplace mantle!!!!!! Looks like a painting!!! Gorgeous!!!!!

Yeah, that one was my favorite, too, but how did the pig's ear
get in the picture?? :shock:

nr said:
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
That "Goin out the gate" one.....needs to be about 2ft by 3ft hung over yer fireplace mantle!!!!!! Looks like a painting!!! Gorgeous!!!!!

Yeah, that one was my favorite, too, but how did the pig's ear
get in the picture?? :shock:

I just happen to have my "Pig Ear" Remover handy!
Goingthroughthegate.jpg
[/img]

I love my area here, :) :D but I feel I could learn to tolerate your area if the need arose :D :D :D

Thank you for the pictures! What a beautiful set of herefords and Fantastic country-truely Gods country. HOpe all goes well for you !

God's Country?????

You're thinkin of Wallowa County, these Pictures are in Baker County, LOL......Just a kid from Joseph kidding around

Very Nice job on the Pictures......

Before anyone moves to NE Oregon, i recommend they try one of our winters out, you'll either Love it or Leave,

Pat

And Baker County is where all the Prettiest Ladies come from, that's what I tell my wife, scores me some good points,

Pat

Good answer Pat :p :!: I went to alot of trouble to get the pig's ear in that picture :shock: :lol:

I think I told you she is from Richland, Oregon before.

I am looking at getting an Olympus 800 dDigital Camera. I travel lots and se a ton of things. When I left Baker two Saturdays ago and it was pouring, the Reader Board on the Freeway said "Caution, Extreme Fire Danger", was kinda funny loking.

This camera is designed to take outdoor pictures. The screen shows up very well, it is a new kind. I can't see what I am shooting a lot of times with my LCD Screen. It is weather and waterproof as well. Very smooth camera so no sharp edges that catch and break.

Speaking of Rain, Mark Zacharias said his Corrals were still kicking up dust when working calves last week. John Bennet indicated it was wetter at his place. How was the dust at your Place???

And again, very nice pictures. You have some of the better looking Herefords I have seen in the country to,

Pat

More nice pictures Nicky, keep them coming, I also forgot what it is like having cattle strung out for miles going home. I spent most of my youth following Herefords home in the fall, and some of the time it was two and three day rides, cold nights, long days. I must be getting old :!:

Glad everyone is enjoying the pictures, I'm haveing fun putting them on. Where are you from SW? I was born in Arco (not sure if that's something to brag about :? )
Our dust was about to come back but the rain on tues settled it back down. John Bennet would get more as he lives on the other side. Where are Mark's corrals? One of our nieghbors runs some cows with him.

katrina said:
Bravo!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
NR, You're a hoot......Pigs ear............
Mike...Nice pig ear remover, had it long????????

I had to look twice....I thought ya meant the black cows!!!!

While you all are raving about the cattle just look at the color of the grass in Nicky's pictures. Out west you get all that beautiful pink/purplish tan color which is absolutely lovely. Makes a really pretty picture easy on the eyes.
Wish we'd see it here but it'll never happen.
( Everything is still green and soaking wet, just a bare hint of the fall to come in a few trees with more rain and some flooding.)

Nice pictures, Nicky. There is nothing prettier than a herd of Herefords strung out traveling to new country. For over half of my life, we had summer pasture more than thirty miles from the home ranch. Sometimes it was a two and a half day trip, and sometimes just two hard days. We often made two trips down every spring, and two trips back home every fall. It always made for a lot of riding, and interesting stories. The "glamour" involved intrigued fellow cowboys to want to go along on the trip. Very seldom did these visitors ever make the trip more than once, as it was long days and hard work, with a few saddlesores thrown in for good measure. Anyway, thanks for the memories.

Latest posts