• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dear Collin Kapernic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

3 M L & C said:
Traveler said:
You're probably right. But have you ever been pulled over on interstate for not using your blinker for a lane change and the officer has his hand on his gun ready to draw it on you? I'm not talking in the projects either. Like middle of Kansas on I-70. Just trying to get everyone to think a little.
Yes. For blowing through a stop sign in Indian Country. No big deal.

But do you deal with stuff like that every day? He does. I'm not trying to dispute that there are lots of black crimes and so on just throwing it out there that we as a country are not as open minded as everyone likes to believe. I'm just as guilty of it as anyone just looking at both sides.[/quote] I have many friends and relatives....including my own mother......that are interracial, admittedly not Black, though. Here's what I see, people that are looking for prejudice and racism will always find it. Often times they're pointing one finger, yet ignore the three that are pointing back at them. People that conduct themselves with dignity, and let their actions and character define who they are, overcome perceived prejudices and obstacles. Does your cousins husband mention the "looks" he gets. I'll bet not. Maybe their isn't as much true prejudice towards him as you perceive. Contrast Jesse Jackson to Ben Carson or Thomas Sowell. Also, when you mention it, when I've been stopped by state troopers for some serious speeding, it seems like they've approached my vehicle more cautiously if it's a pickup that's dirty or beat to hell, verses when I'm driving a new one. There's a lot to consider before you point out racism. Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying a sore doesn't heal if you keep picking the scab.

Racism exists for sure 3 M L & C. As a white Mormon missionary is Compton California I saw my share aimed directly at me. And I am fully aware black folks have ugly things said and done to them simply because of the color of their skin. WE ALL CAN BE BETTER. But what Kapernick is doing is very similar to what Jesse Jackson does. He loves to have his face in photos and scream racism at every opportunity but NEVER WORKS TO CORRECT ANYTHING. He just complains and screams and stirs the pot and stokes the hatred. By sitting for the Anthem, this young man has lost my respect. He is going about this the wrong way in my opinion. And it hurts his "cause". Treat folks by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin has been my motto. Being unfairly judged sucks! Just by wearing my cowboy hat and boots on training trips I am amazed at how folks of all colors treat me like a dumb hick. Sadly, they may be right. :) But that isn't the point. They don't know me, and yet they make a snap judgment based on my manner of dress.

America is a great country! We aint perfect! But who is? Even Canada has its own issues. :) But we all have it pretty dang good, black or white. And we can all be better.

Thank you Mr Kapernic, your protests are constitutionally protected free speech. We must be vigilant protecting individual liberties - not just liberties of people of one group, all people. All lives matter.

Btw, i often wear hoodies, but those gangster oversized hoodies that cover your identity are horrible. They allow no peripheral vision, and you can't close them down to the elements. Those gangster hoodies are made for identity concealment and are safety impediments on a worksite. When someone wears clothes made for concealment, it's only prudent to wonder why.

Latest posts