• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deer Deer Deer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Season here opens October 1st.. I think, lol.. Haven't gotten tags yet... I know I applied for Shotgun, haven't heard one way or the other but who knows if I will be able to get out with that season being all of 7 days I think.. Bow season will basically go until middle of January with a break for shotgun.. Also another shotgun/muzzleloader/handgun season when bow ends for antlerless deer.. Some taks of adding rifle in some counties, I would recommend against that, its enough of a war zone with out everyone bringing the .270 or 30-06 out...

IL Rancher said:
Season here opens October 1st.. I think, lol.. Haven't gotten tags yet... I know I applied for Shotgun, haven't heard one way or the other but who knows if I will be able to get out with that season being all of 7 days I think.. Bow season will basically go until middle of January with a break for shotgun.. Also another shotgun/muzzleloader/handgun season when bow ends for antlerless deer.. Some taks of adding rifle in some counties, I would recommend against that, its enough of a war zone with out everyone bringing the .270 or 30-06 out...

Exact same season arrangement here, with bow opening earlier and closing twice for two shotgun seasons. Archery closes on Dec. 31st

I don't think we will ever have a rifle hunt. We don't need the extra risk of a .300 short mag finding someone on the next concession!

Heck, we don't need the extra range after we get the deer quieted down with that sprinkle of salt on their tail the week before . . . . you guys just oughta try it once.

I thinka rifle would be nuts too MLA unless they limit the calbibers somehow lik onlly .444 or handgun ammo out of lever action guns or something like that.. Frankly, with the range of rifled shotguns and saboted shells and some of those Muzzle loaders... You really don't need the extra range of a rifle here..

Latest posts