• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deer hunters beware....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
We continue to have problems with deer hunters running down our fence and shooting into our cattle. I am fed up so as I see it since there on our property maybe they are fair game as well. Should be easy shooting with those orange vests to aim in on. :x :x We have sings posted no hunting and no tresspassing but they continue to go on there. Im sick of it. These guys are giving the good hunters a real bad black eye. Anybody else feel this way????

Has anyone else ever reluctantly given someone permission to hunt, and then they sneakily bring in more hunters that are paying them that are even dumber and less respectful of private property!!?? Pisses you off big time, and seems to be more common than you'd think. Also raises questions about liability, since you basically are not liable for someone who is not paying to hunt on your property, but what about this deal??

We get the occasional road hunters that hunt with dogs...Illegal yes we know!!!! not so much now as in years past. But one year, while hubby was working nights, about 4 am in the mornin....I had about 7 dogs in my front yard that would not shut up. NOT MINE!!!.....I stepped out on the porch with my pistol, told the dogs to HUSH IT!!! Got to listenin, I'll be daggumed if their owner wasn't at my cattle guard blowin his horn for his dogs.....
I went back in the house , got my boots on....and a jacket...got in the truck and drove down to the cattle guard. He had that look :shock:
I was nice...all smiles.....and told him...look mister, there's seven of your dogs in my front yard barkin and bayin, no deer in sight, it's 4 am, I suggest you gather your critters and leave. Next time there won't be any gatherin of critters, cuz they'll all git lead poisonin!!!
The fool didnt take me at my word, and was back the next saturday mornin, bright and early, had his dogs bayin in my front yard. So...here I go again..out the door with my pistol.....got 4 of the 7 then drove to the cattle guard and told him.....if you wanna keep the other three alive....best not bring em back here any more!!!! He said, " :eek: I can't believe you'd kill a dog??? " I said, " :eek: Not "A" dog....4 of em....you can count!" After that we haven't had too much trouble with road huntin, we do get the occasional dog runnin a deer, but haven't had em sittin at my gate waitin on their dogs.

Lily...we live in equal universes I believe!! My Story!! I had just got home that day from gall bladder surgery...so I was stoned of course. About 10PM my yard was full of coon hounds...about 5 or 6. Goin' full blast. Of course, scared me outta my wits. So, I grabbed the 12 guage....took off in my " shimmy tale" out thru the kitchen to the back porch, as the dogs had now come around to that side. The dogs stayed just out from the edge of the flood lights...so I cut loose to shooting! Not sure if I hit the dogs BUT I heard voices yellling " Don't shoot!!" over and over.

The dogs took off across the ridge and here came about 7 guys....none of which I knew, across the other ridge into my yard. Good thing I was outta shells by that time. I have no idea what I said cause I was mad , hurting and full of drugs...but I remember making one guy cry!!

So by then we heard more shots and my crazy neighbor across the ridge HAD shot one of the dogs! So I let the guys cross my ridge to get to their dogs and man they took off. Come to find out these guys had no permission from ANYONE in the whole area to be hunting. A few days later I heard stories in town about my actions with the hunters....seems word got around fast and I had put on quiet a show in my nightgown with a 12 guage!!!!

Kolanuraven :!: :clap: Good for you! I laughed and laughed. That story will follow you to your Memorial Service and beyond. Probably with some embellishments over the years.
"No she didn't have no nightgown on or if she did it must have been real sheer and with back lighting she shore looked stark nakid to me!"
"Yeah, guess yur right, just bone white skin and a rifle how's I member it."
One can only guess. :roll: You better write your account of it just in case!

I hate hunters....... We had the neighbors paid hunters hunting a tree row across the road from our house Sunday. THey parked their car by the correll where my old horse is and across from weaned calves. Then my husband's nefhew proceded to argue that he was 660 ft. We know he just barley graduated from high school and the beer party him and his parents threw for his graduation, which a kid was killed going back to town is not enough. Apparently he has not learned a thing. Well guess what, next year I will take pictures of the hunting and we will then take action....

we keep posting signs NO hunting and no tresspassing but they always shoot them up or get out and rip them down. We even had an instance where somebody ripped the no part off of the NO hunting sign... so it would read HUNTING ALLOWED...... :mad: :mad: :mad: I hate deer hunters!!!

Or they take the tresp off of no trespassing....

Some stories remind me of a conversation I had with a guy in Gresham, Oregon. He had his Auto Repair shop next to his house. Originally, they were outside of any residential area, but it grew up around him. There's a big Meth problem in Oregon. A lot of these shops get broken into and have tools stolen. He told me that he goes out in the middle of the night several times a month and fires off a few shots into the air. He's known as the crazy man with the gun, but he never gets broken into, LOL

Pat

PPRM said:
Or they take the tresp off of no trespassing....

Some stories remind me of a conversation I had with a guy in Gresham, Oregon. He had his Auto Repair shop next to his house. Originally, they were outside of any residential area, but it grew up around him. There's a big Meth problem in Oregon. A lot of these shops get broken into and have tools stolen. He told me that he goes out in the middle of the night several times a month and fires off a few shots into the air. He's known as the crazy man with the gun, but he never gets broken into, LOL

Pat

So I hear that there's a little tif between the OCA and the Fish and Wildlife folks over in your part of the state, with some ranchers in Baker county closing their properties to hunters because of the wolf plan. I don't know too much about it, so I was wondering what folks were saying.

Game Warden called tonite says he got two of these mungrals that were tresspassing on our property. I think each one will be carrying a stiff $1500 fine

Congrats on a small victory. If the Sum'bs had to live out here and make a living we wouldn't have any problems with "hunters". I live in the middle of a "pivot corner" which is about 7 acres in size. A decent tree row to the north of the house, which leaves 3 acres of wheat stubble every other year north of the trees. Boy do them city boys haul a&& when I turn ol' Betsy loose in the air, the rig on the road is within the 550' boundary let alone those fat 'ol boys on opening day.

I can remember when I was about 12 years old and there were these hunters who couldn't seem to read the signs we had up. They went ahead and opened the gate and drove right into the meadow that had cows in it too. Well, dad had left me in charge and when they laughed at me, when I told them that they were trespassing, I showed them. I got grandpa's old double barreled shotgun out and let it fly. They had by then turned their pickup around for whatever reason, and I shot me a trophy that day. THEIR RADIATOR!!! not bad. , they hoofed it back to their friends camp and me.... :oops: :oops: I found myself off the steps as the blast knocked me off my feet!! :eek: :oops: :eek: :lol: Grandpa's gun worked real well, almost too well, I had a headache for the rest of the day. Too bad someone stupid stole that gun a few years later.

Latest posts