• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

deer pic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

passin thru

Reaction score
These out to be good enough
Picture087b.jpg

The back one might be all right. I can't tell from the picture, but the front one looks like he's young and will just get bigger and better with age.

Just my opinion and you know what they say about opiinions......... :lol:

After more thought on the subject, I feel that if you think they are big enough to shoot, why aren't they big enough to mount? If you are not willing to pay to have one mounted, why bother to shoot it. Unless you are culling a big bodied, small racked buck. Shoot a doe instead for meat. If more people followed this rule there would be lots more big bucks.

Jinglebob said:
After more thought on the subject, I feel that if you think they are big enough to shoot, why aren't they big enough to mount? If you are not willing to pay to have one mounted, why bother to shoot it. Unless you are culling a big bodied, small racked buck. Shoot a doe instead for meat. If more people followed this rule there would be lots more big bucks.

I agree with you on that Jingle. I tell the hunters if they can't shoot a big buck to take a big doe and let the little buks grow. Problem is most of them have to powerful of scopes on their rifles and the antlers look bigger when they are alive. :cowboy: It's one thing if it's a kids first deer but when the dad shoots a little buck that just ticks me off.

we kicked a few big ones out while picking corn...gonna have to mount a gun turrent on top of the combine.

shooting a small buck isn't so bad if they go ahead and takke it. what I hate is the guys who drop a buck, and decide it is not big enough to tag and just leave it lay. we walk the river a few weeks after the season and pick up a few racks that were left to rot. Sell em on ebay and make a few dollars.

Latest posts