• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deer playing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
I took video with my digital camera this evening, and captured some stills from it. Sorry about the quality / focus, I was shooting through the dining room window and it screws things up.
This deer was jumping and bucking and running around the yard for 20 minutes at least. He was so tired his mouth was hanging open and was looking kinda weak kneed.

DSCF1034_01.jpg

DSCF1034_03.jpg

DSCF1034_05.jpg

DSCF1034_06.jpg

Amazing pictures and everything! He's just happy to be in such a yard.
But he's taking aerobics way to seriously.

Someone sent me a picture of an albino fawn that I wish I knew how to post off an email. They had to call the Forest Service to come get him eventually as they were afraid of reprecussions. If someone can coach me, I will try to put it on here.

Faster horses said:
What a lovely yard, Silver. Gorgeous!! Awesome.

Good photos, great subject. You did good. Wonder what was up with that CRAZE deer? :?

We have always wanted to know someone in BC. Can we come for a visit?

I think he was just feeling his oats. He was just a yearling buck. What you can't see in the pictures is the bigger / older buck in the background watching him like he'd lost his mind.

Of course you can come for a visit. People like you are allways welcome.

Wow Silver! Those picutres are awesome. Always love to have the camera around when something like that is going on. I cant believe the air he was catching during his jumps. I guess he was really really fellin his oats. How funny that the big buck was watching thinking he was crazy.

Great pictures!!! Nice yard!!

Usgal~

Sierraman said:
looks like its puking in the first pic. -but good pics

Isn't it time you should be heading off to college soon, lil hippotatamus?
Don't let all those pretty young things turn your head!

nr said:
Sierraman said:

HAHA....Sierraman I think your new nickname is now "Lil Hippo".........dont let it get to ya...it could be worse :wink: But yeah, don't forget to holler at us after college starts.

NR..you crack me up! (Just don't come up with a nickname for me :wink: :p )

I was in Abilene the other wednesday night partying with some friends, since one of them is headed back to McAllen and prolly won't be up here much anymore.....but anyway, wednesday is the night to go out in Abilene Texas if any of you happen through there and need some excitement! lol But everything closes at midnight which is kinda early, but its a very churchy town, so thats why. The place we went was packed and college hadn't even started yet....can't imagine when college is going on.

nr said:
Sierraman said:

The 13th. Funny nickname for me. I get called noodle and such names for skinny people around here.

Sierraman said:
nr said:
Sierraman said:

The 13th. Funny nickname for me. I get called noodle and such names for skinny people around here.

HAHA....Noodle? I think i'd rather have "lil Hippo".....I was kinda curious to weither or not you were a plump little thing....I was skeered if you were NR might give you a complex...ha :wink: :p

Are you excited to go to college or are your nerves acting up?

Where I live in Alberta see alot of deer Never seen one doin that,real cool pictures... maybe some waky tabacy growin in backyard he got onto :shock:

Sierraman said:
nr said:
Sierraman said:

Our son was thin, 6 ft 2 and his friends called him Stick Man. But he filled out eventually. Marriage does that.

TXTibbs said:
Sierraman said:
nr said:

HAHA....Noodle? I think i'd rather have "lil Hippo".....I was kinda curious to weither or not you were a plump little thing....I was skeered if you were NR might give you a complex...ha :wink: :p

Certainly, both are true! I just started some packing today. I have never moved before, so the moving aspect is what really unnerves me. I am mostly excited that I will be learning what I want to instead of core stuff. I will miss everbody here though. Oh, well. I'm not that tall though. 5'10.5"

Sierraman said:
TXTibbs said:
Sierraman said:

Certainly, both are true! I just started some packing today. I have never moved before, so the moving aspect is what really unnerves me. I am mostly excited that I will be learning what I want to instead of core stuff. I will miss everbody here though. Oh, well. I'm not that tall though. 5'10.5"

What's this "miss everybody here though" business?
We're counting on a full report first thing EVERY AM! :p
PS- Napoleon was 5'6 1/2" so....no excuses. :D

:lol: Haha. Not miss y'all. I'll be in touch with y'all as well as ever. But family and friends i know in person, I'll be losing touch with. I'll miss them. I probably won't be able to have time for leisure, until I move-in, meet some people, and get busy with classes. :)

Sierraman said:
:lol: Haha. Not miss y'all. I'll be in touch with y'all as well as ever. But family and friends i know in person, I'll be losing touch with. I'll miss them. I probably won't be able to have time for leisure, until I move-in, meet some people, and get busy with classes. :)

You still don't get it! :shock: A daily full report from you back to us is not a "leisure activity" as you put it.
Did you think all that excellent advice we gave you last month was going to be FREE?? :roll: Nothing that pertains to college is ever FREE!! :cry2:

I'd be happy to send you a full report, but computer usage won't be possible for awhile, until the computer labs open. I'll have my own, but it won't be shipped, (I got a new one) until a couple weeks. Otherwise, thanks for the advice. :)

Latest posts