• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deer season must be over

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George said:
Around here the deer are grain fed ( not by choice ) and as such if butchered properly they are much like beef.

The buck a friend shot last saturday must have had a 5 gal bucket of corn in its belly - - -- now you know whay I encourage a select group of hunters!

I had a buddy in school shoot a buck that was full of corn- someone else had been feeding. He had good amount of fat, so I assume he had been fed for a while. He had a local butcher cut it up for him as we had a lot of exams the next week. Anyway, it was amazing how good it was and tasted "like" beef. It was sure different than any others I had eaten, as I don't feed them and no one grows corn around here. We accused the butcher of giving him someones butcher calf.

Northern Rancher said:
All the oufitters seemed to be having trouble this year but Grant Kuypers of buck paradise at green Lake. They shot some real pounders including a 203 at their Paradise Hill operation. A few elk were got between 350 and 400 nothing like the provincial record laast year. Cody Robbins arrowed the buck of a lifetime a new archery world record nontypical 287 and change. I think the deer are there but the rut was soo warm and drawn out they just didn't get hunted right. We have some good trailcam pics of shooters but ecided to just let everybody walk another year.

You wouldnt happen to have a picture of that nontypical 287 deer ?

Latest posts