• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dept. Of Defense Lost $9 BILLION

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike said:
It must be around here somewhere?

Bushs fault. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like you got that one right...But don't get too big a head- as most could have figured that out... :wink:

The $9.1 billion in question came from the Development Fund for Iraq, which was set up by the U.N. Security Council in 2003. The DFI includes revenues from Iraq's oil and gas exports, as well as frozen Iraqi assets and surplus funds from the defunct, Saddam Hussein-era U.N. oil-for-food program.

Iraq had given the U.S. authorization to tap into the fund, which is held in New York, for humanitarian and reconstruction efforts, withdrawing that approval in December 2007.

With the establishmentof the Coalition Provisional Authority, which ran Iraq shortly after the startof the U.S. invasion in 2003 until mid-2004, about $20 billion was placed into the account. The $9.1 billion audited by the Iraq reconstruction inspector general were funds withdrawn from that account between 2004 and 2007.

The report found that theDefense Department could not "readily account for its obligations, expenditures and remaining balances associated" with the DFI. At issue was $8.7 billion, or 95 percentof the withdrawn funds.

Of this amount, the Pentagon could not account at all for $2.6 billion, according to the audit.

Probably in his FREEZER? Nope, that's a Democrat trick........ :lol:

I'll bet him and Laura count it every night. :roll:

OT, why did you assume Mike did not know what years this covered? Just because you never criticize anything that happens under obama's watch, does not mean that everybody else is as partisan as you.

hypocritexposer said:
OT, why did you assume Mike did not know what years this covered? Just because you never criticize anything that happens under obama's watch, does not mean that everybody else is as partisan as you.

He assumed that because he only has one agenda no matterr what
BASH BUSH
There is a cure oldtimer :wink: :wink: :wink:

hypocritexposer said:

Probably because Mike would never laugh about the dumb things GW did...

And the fact that I had seen it posted as "Obamas lost money" on a couple of the Breitbart type radical right propoganda blogs-- with no further explanation- so had already looked up some of the entire news articles and found it was some of the money taken and lost during GW's reign...Which is a drop in the bucket to the entire amount he lost and can't be accounted for over in that sandpit.... :roll: :(

As Fox News Sheppard Smith said the other day- the "Breitbart type " radical right websites have absolutely no credibility and only put up things to mislead and stir the mass's....

I read the article this morning on Fox news about the years and/or circumstances of the missing money.

The reason I brought it up in the first place was the U.S. deserves much more than that from Iraq, if in fact it made to the U.S. Treasury.

Anyone who would dream that Bush stole it is an idiot..................the Dems are patiently laying there waiting for something to bring back up against him.

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

Probably because Mike would never laugh about the dumb things GW did...

And the fact that I had seen it posted as "Obamas lost money" on a couple of the Breitbart type radical right propoganda blogs-- with no further explanation- so had already looked up some of the entire news articles and found it was some of the money taken and lost during GW's reign...Which is a drop in the bucket to the entire amount he lost and can't be accounted for over in that sandpit.... :roll: :(

As Fox News Sheppard Smith said the other day- the "Breitbart type " radical right websites have absolutely no credibility and only put up things to mislead and stir the mass's....

I'd like to know what sites you saw that on. If I type it into Google, nothing comes up.

obama's lost money

What is funny about this is that the money is missing NOW!

Not two or four years ago when Bush was in office................

Bush's fault. Yea..................................

Mike said:
What is funny about this is that the money is missing NOW!

Not two or four years ago when Bush was in office................

Bush's fault. Yea..................................

The $9.1 billion audited by the Iraq reconstruction inspector general were funds withdrawn from that account between 2004 and 2007.

Yep-- Obama and his folks should have been over there administering it in 2004-2007 for GW :roll: Or are you saying GW just left that money lying around for 4 years and then Obama came in and stole it :roll:

Do you really believe yourselves? :???:

Now if that isn't carrying rationalization to the utmost to kiss a Idols hind end- I don't know what is :wink: :p

commonsense said:
This fail safe of blaming Bush has lost it's shine. In 2012 when the big 0 is sent packing, you can blame that one on Bush also.....

yep he will lose because he acted Bush, and followed a bunch of Bush's policies...

Latest posts