• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Derry Brownfield has passed on.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

JF Ranch

Reaction score
As many of you already have heard by now, Derry Brownfield passed away on Saturday morning. This morning, his radio program was a memorial to his memory, with many of his guests calling in to express their admiration of Derry and his work.

This is what I emailed his Co-Host Beth, after the show:

Dear Beth,

Notice the comma? This is not a formal or business letter which would dictate a colon after your name. I am just a listener, but like those on your show this morning, I feel more like a friend to both you and Derry Brownfield.

I was stunned when Jim Lambley came on this morning (KSDZ- Gordon, NE), announcing that Derry Brownfield had passed away. He told us that you were planning a special program this morning, in his honor. I was amazed at your strength in your opening comments. Although your voice was slightly shaken, you came through admirably, true to his strength. Admittedly, I had tears in my eyes for the loss of a voice so important to us. If only our national leadership could see how important this man was. He was the example for them to follow. We have lost an important advocate.

I enjoy many of the national conservative voices. Names like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Glen Beck have done great work for us but no one is as down to earth and rural as Derry was. He had a unique look at things that the others simply do not have. I was always interested in those times when he did not agree with these prominent conservative voices, because his Ag background gave him a more grounded view. I believe as I'm sure Derry did, that we in agriculture have a relationship with Mother Nature that gives us a realistic outlook on life and death that well meaning urban folks simply cannot have.

This man will be missed even more than we can appreciate this morning. I hope that we all have learned a little bit of how to be Derry. He has shown us the way, but it is now up to us to "stand on his shoulders" and get back to work. This is the way his legacy can carry on to make the difference in our country that he spoke out long and hard for. This will be a tragic loss unless we have learned from him how to make a difference.

Our hearts and prayers go out to you and Derry's family for this loss but perhaps more importantly, for the loss of this man's influence.

I hope you and the staff can find a way to continue on with Derry's message.

My sincere sympathy,

John

I must say that listening to Derry was something I'd try to do IF I could. not always near a radio at the time of broadcast. Didn't always agree with him on some things but always agreed on what he was trying to do. Always enjoyed his guests and it kind of keeps us hermits up to date with what's happening in the big picture.

He will be missed as he was a true patriot and sure had the nation's welfare deep in his heart. May God bless his family through this time of loss.

Derry Brownfield was as down-home, honest, and forthright as anyone could be. A listener always knew how he stood on any issue. His strength of character and willingness to speak out are traits to be commended. I will surely miss his presence each morning on his daily Common Sense Coalition talk show. Hopefully Beth and others will carry on in his absence.

My condolences and prayers go out for his family and all of his listeners. He will be greatly missed.

I listended to Deryy Brownfield speak at our local FFA banquet in 1980.
Very outspoken with the Missouri piece of mind.

He had begun his Brwonfield network in Centertown Missouri which is a old grain buying town. In the days before bigger trucks and grain handling systens improved. Very small town.

Even though our station did not air his programs. A neighbor girl works either as for his old program or the new one that is satlighted from.

As Derry would say BOAKYAG (bend over and kiss you ask?? goodbye)
meanig the government is going to get you someway

The Derry Brownfield Show was on my local AM station KMSD Milbank back about 1995. Lately I have heard the show occasionally on shortwave or KBHB Sturgis. I knew there was the Brownfield Network market reports down in Iowa and Missouri, but I guess he was not involved with that any more. I guess the last time I heard the program they were having a tribute to him. It would be nice to keep the program going. Fortunately, since they have a Common Sense Coalition, it should be possible to do that.

I think we're living in the time of the Pale Horse of Revelation 6 and there is going to be a lot of death and tribulation in the future and the ones God takes home now will be the lucky ones who don't have to live to see it.

Latest posts