• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Did ya All March Yesterday?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
We had a couple of High School Boys over working for us clearing out brush, ect. yesterday. If the goal of the Demonstrations was to show what it would be like without them, well it didn't all go how they'd like.

The kids said there were fewer kids in class. Hmmmm...without those demonstrating, teacher student ratios were actually pretty good in our school. It also reminded me of how I earned my work ethic. Getting a job as a young man in Junior High School and buying my own way.

The need for labor and employment is symbiotic, not seperate. My understanding is the national discussion recognized this. However, to have a system where it is fed by illegal activities is crazy. If we need these workers, it needs to be through a leagalized process where we can evaluate those applying and they don't have to live under the fear of "being found out"....

I might have been more nuetral yesterday. But my Lunch date with my wife had to be moved from our favorite Mexican Restaurant as they were closed. So this did affect and inconvenience me...Hmmm...I'm starting to favor Chinese food, LOL,

PPRM

Until lately, I have always tended to lean to the side of the Mexicans, but not any more. All it shows me is that they don't appreciate being in our
country AND their bellies might be here but their hearts are still in Mexico.

Yep, I've sure had a change of mind.

Let them come if they are legal. Otherwise, NOPE!

The need for labor and employment is symbiotic, not seperate. My understanding is the national discussion recognized this. However, to have a system where it is fed by illegal activities is crazy. If we need these workers, it needs to be through a leagalized process where we can evaluate those applying and they don't have to live under the fear of "being found out"....

AMEN-- If its so important for our nation then change the law and let LEGAL immigrants come in to work... I definitely oppose any amnesty- I don't believe in rewarding lawbreakers......

Up here in my little corner of the boondocks we'd have never known there was a protest or anything else if it wasn't for the TV :roll:

Faster horses said:
Until lately, I have always tended to lean to the side of the Mexicans, but not any more. All it shows me is that they don't appreciate being in our
country AND their bellies might be here but their hearts are still in Mexico.

Yep, I've sure had a change of mind.

Let them come if they are legal. Otherwise, NOPE!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ditto, FH!!!! Having those demonstrators flying the mexican flag in THE UNITED STATES, where they claim they wanna remain, is a slap in the face to the rest of us!!! I like what Jigs has as his signature...speak english or get out!! :D

as for your question, PPRM....Yes, I did march....the the tune of my own danged drum :wink: :wink:

I was p.o'd when I heard about the t-shirt that read I'M ILLEGAL, SO WHAT.

feeder, that would just make em easier to identify and ship back to wherever they came from! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

There was a guy in our area who used to work wetbacks, and then, when they got finished with whatever job he had them doing, he'd call the Border Patrol, they would come get them and haul them back to Mexico, and he never had to pay them for the work they did. I think that's pretty low, myself. Fortunately, he's not able to do that anymore, he's been dead the better part of 20 years now.

The demonstrations didn't affect us at all, so far as I can tell. We homeschool our son, so that was the same. We didn't have to go to town, though, so something might have been going on there that I haven't heard about yet.

The whole situation is just getting out of hand........... :?

Ranchy---I like your way of thinking!! Yes, this whole thing is definitely outta hand....gotta hurt for those coming to this country LEGALLY and trying to better themselves by working, paying taxes and learning english!! Good law-abiding immigrants are the ones who are gonna ultimately pay for the illegals and their "demonstrations"....I feel a severe BACKLASH coming from all of this!! :x

Ranchy said:
feeder, that would just make em easier to identify and ship back to wherever they came from! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

There was a guy in our area who used to work wetbacks, and then, when they got finished with whatever job he had them doing, he'd call the Border Patrol, they would come get them and haul them back to Mexico, and he never had to pay them for the work they did. I think that's pretty low, myself. Fortunately, he's not able to do that anymore, he's been dead the better part of 20 years now.

The whole situation is just getting out of hand........... :?

We had a Packing Plant that did the same thing -- until we got a crusty old Border Patrolman that used to take them to the plant and stand right there with them until the owner paid them off in cash ........

The one's I know did not/do not march!
There were many businesses closed here.
When I ask them (the Marchers) for THEIR answer they have none.

My answer: Start here
No Free Medical

Babies born here are not atomically US Citizens.

No Amisity – We did that 20 years ago – it did not work.

Elected Officials were afraid to go against the vote then – Now they have 4 times the Votes

Vote English the ONLY language in the US

Why print Ballots in other languages? Isn't English required for Citenship and the right to Vote

"BIG FINES" for employers :!: Employers could be required to have/buy Permits to hire wet backs not premit BIG FINE - go after Employers

That's just a start

:mad: but tying to see both sides - - many of them are my friends :shock:[/b]

Ranchwife, I sure hope something happens because of yesterday.

Hey, I gotta tell ya, when I first started doing the "net thing", RanchWife was my handle.........after a while, that seemed awfully formal, so I shortened it to Ranchy. I've been called Raunchy, as well, a time or three, mostly cause I get kinda crude from time to time..... :twisted:

Ya got good taste in nicknames, though...... :wink:

od/nt-----I could not agree more!!! How frustrating to try and call a company, whether it be the phone company or the credit card company, and have a spanish speaking person not be able to understand what you are saying!!!
My daughter is a riot (on the lighter side)....when our caller i.d. on the phone states "out of area" or gives us a 1-800 number, she LOVES to answer the phone....she will usually do so with an "accent" like the person calling and claim not to understand what they are saying!! Cracks me up when she does this to spanish or arabic accented telemarketers....."NOOOOO....MRS CROY NO HERE...I SO SORRY...ME NO UNDERSTAND WHAT UUUUUU SAYING.....GOOD-BYE!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

My brother in law comes from Norway - has lived and worked legally in the US for 20 years- airline pilot-- speaks fluent English except for a Texas/Norwegian accent :roll: -- and has his own ban going against France after the UN thing ( quit drinking French wine for Spanish after Spain backed the US in Iraq :lol: )-- is absolutely against these illegal immigrants...

On April 15 he called me and informed me that I couldn't call him the Norwegian brother in law anymore- He'd been sworn in as an American Citizen-- was damn proud of it....And I'm proud of him......

To let all these people that illegally entered the country have amnesty or automatic citizenship would be a slap in his face and/or all my ancestors that worked so hard to become US citizens......

I've been called Raunchy Ranchy,

Reminds me of a song
Tune "El Rancho Grandy"

El Ranuchy Rancher

My name is Predo
I work on the Rancho
I'ss make $2 a day

I go see Lucy
She gives me some Pu (slang word)
And takes my $2 away
And Now

I am a Raunchy Rancher
I hasss the G.... (STD)
I got it from Maryeeea
She gave it to me Freeaaa
It hurts me when I Peeeea

Give me my saves and my ointments
And my Doctor appointments

on and on but not fit for here

illegal i come for a visit, get treated regal,
so i stay, who care i illegal?

i cross border, poor and broke,
take bus, see employment folk.

nice man treat me good in there,
say i need to see welfare.

welfare say, "you come no more,
we send cash right to your door".

welfare checks, they make you wealthy,
medicaid it keep you healthy!

by and by, i got plenty money,
thanks to you, American dummy.

write to friends in motherland,
tell them come as fast as you can.

they come in rags and chebby trucks,
i buy big house with welfare bucks.

they come here, we live together,
more welfare checks, it gets better!

fourteen families they moving in,
but neighbors patience wearing thin.

finally, white guy moves away,
now i buy his house, and then i say,

"find more aliens for house to rent".
and in the yard i put a tent.

send for family (they just trash),
but they too, draw the welfare cash.

everything is mucho good,
and soon we own the neighborhood.

we have hobby...its called breeding,
welfare pay for baby feeding.

kids need dentist? wife need pills?
we get free! we got no bills!

American crazy! he pay all year,
to keep welfare running here.

we think America darn good place!
too darn good for the white man race.

if they no like us, they can go,
got lots of room in mexico.

aint it the truth. G3

My 2 cents
I find it real hard for our government who is hot on everyone obeying the law
to just let these illegals riot
If they are out on the street rioting in plain view isn't that the easiest time to arrest them and ship them outa here
but I guess we have too many bleeding hearts in this country to support our own people or causes.
also all these companies that closed their doors, are they admitting to hiring illegals at one time or another or just saying that they are willing to break the law if the opportunity arises.
As a kid i grew up working for local ranchers and farmers and learned the value of GOOD HARD WORK FOR THE DOLLAR, whats going to happen when its ok for the illegals to come and do the work cheaper.
I could go on and on

Aren't you people all complaining about the symptom not the cause-IF AMERICAN COMPANIES DIDN'T HIRE THEM THEY'D HAVE NO REASON TO BE THERE. Instead of pissing and moaning about illegal alians boycott the companies that hire them-that seems to make more sense than what's going on down there now. I'm sure with some the internet sleuths we have on Ranchers.net we could have a comprehensive list of what companies are doing it. I find it pretty hypocritical to curse a problem while supporting it by hiring those people. I haven't been to every U.S state but I've been to alot of them and not every deadbeat on the street is an immigrant. I'm not in favour of automatic amnesty or citizenship either but the problem is never going to change as long as the same people who drive the economy are the same ones hiring them.

Yep, the cause is trying to lower our wages so the USA can compete in the global free trade. NAFTA for example. The big companies also help dictate the laws. When something is rotten it keeps festering and stinking more foul everyday. But those that would like to change the way things are going are called "protectionist".

Latest posts