• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Diesel Fuel Price

Help Support Ranchers.net:

burnt

Reaction score
Called my distributor yesterday and was told that dyed diesel is $1/liter plus HST = $1.13/ liter. That would be $5.13/CDN gallon.

Filled up this morning and it was $3.54 at our local coop and it just keeps going up. Had a 1000/gallons dyed fuel delivered 2-10 and it was $3.01 but I noticed at the pump it was $3.14 today.

$3.59 here this morning for road diesel. Making it kinda hard for me to make a living hauling grain. I'll need one heck of a harvest this year to come out in the black.

A good friend of mine runs dyed fuel in his pickup and trucks all year long. I dont know how he gets away with it in his trucks during harvest when all the DOT guys are out checking trucks. My wife chews my butt if I run that in my pickup but I never tried in my truck. Too many times that I had my truck tanks dipped to see if there was dyed fuel in it.

tenbach79 said:
A good friend of mine runs dyed fuel in his pickup and trucks all year long. I dont know how he gets away with it in his trucks during harvest when all the DOT guys are out checking trucks. My wife chews my butt if I run that in my pickup but I never tried in my truck. Too many times that I had my truck tanks dipped to see if there was dyed fuel in it.

He may get it away with it for years but if he gets caught once it will negate all the savings he made and then some.

sure makes those teams and bale sleigh's that northern rancher and little bow rancher were talking about a while ago look a little more attractive.

I don't know what fuel is currently here. I think I'm going to just lay low for a while and not buy any more at this time.

My overhead bulk tank is getting down close to the half full mark. If it gets below that it won't run into my big feeding tractor. Today it was so nice out I fired up the little tractor to feed with. I can fill the little tractor until the bulk tank goes dry. :wink:

$3.75 at the pump for road diesel here on the Left Coast. Makes no sense when oil is back to $80 a barrel. We all need to quit moving for a while so it doesn't get to $4.00. Remember they tried this on us till we cried uncle at $4.00 a couple years ago.

jeff in ca said:
$3.75 at the pump for road diesel here on the Left Coast. Makes no sense when oil is back to $80 a barrel. We all need to quit moving for a while so it doesn't get to $4.00. Remember they tried this on us till we cried uncle at $4.00 a couple years ago.

Jeff, you should look at the Brent $, instead of the WTI.

WTI is "losing its connection to the World markets", Brent is becoming the benchmark

Brent was $101 today.

The divergence is no mystery. Unlike Brent crude from the North Sea, which can be shipped to refineries pretty much anywhere in the world, oil in storage at Cushing can only be absorbed by refineries in the U.S. Midwest. With nowhere else to go, WTI is not even an accurate barometer for oil prices in the U.S. market, let alone the global market. For example, the price spread between it and Light Louisiana Sweet on the Gulf coast is as big as its spread with Brent. And by all accounts, the spread between WTI and Brent is going to become even bigger, rendering the former increasingly irrelevant as a global pricing benchmark.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/commentary/jeff-rubins-smaller-world/which-price-is-really-the-world-benchmark-for-oil/article1890014/?service=mobile

With the basis difference between WTI and Brent. Somebody (Zero Hedge?) wrote an article today about truckers making the trip from Cushing, Oklahoma to the refineries on the coast. It seems most of the refineries are paying brent prices for the feedstock oil. They pointed out that it would be possible to physically arbitrage the spread by buying at Cushing and making the less than 1 day round trip and selling at a refinery on the coast. Profit of up to $1400 on a larger truckload.

so what's everyone doing to limit or conserve how much we have to spend on fuel. it seems whenever our commodity prices go up so do the inputs.

Latest posts