• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Diesel Fuel Problems Coming?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
It won't be long before Ultra-Low Sulfur must be produced for all highway use vehicles.

The new stuff is short on lubricity and they will have to add something at the refinery to accomodate diesel engines built before the 2007 model year. Some refiners say they are not going to make the new stuff.

On the other hand, the new engines will suffer harm if they are run on non-highway diesel. I have seen this warning on some diesel pumps already. Looks like owners need to keep their old dieseel vehicles or use strictly the ULS diesel.

I am guessing of course, but this is going to cost us all a lot of money and it will keep diesel prices high for a long time to come.

The problems already here; our diesel just doesn't have the lubricity even at present to adequately lube injector pumps. We've used diesel additives for years and at present are using a bio-diesel additive made from canola!You can notice the difference if you fill at the pumps; not quite the power and mileage drops back.

It seems that no one can answer the question of what happens if you run the diesel that we are used to through an 07 model. We traded 2 one ton Duramax's last week and I asked the service manager about it, and he said " I don't see a problem running any type of diesel you want through it ". That makes me kind of nervous, but I had him to put it on paper, so if it goes south it's not my problem it's GM's.

Latest posts