• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Different Combine

Help Support Ranchers.net:

feeder

Reaction score
Went to a local farm auction this weekend and was able to purchase a combine. 1999 CIH 2366 770 seperator hours and 1070 engine hours, mint condition. So hope this one doesn't catch on fire before it's paid for. So no more taking the day off to go to farm sales looking.

Good Luck Feeder. We have been blessed so far with no fires.(knock on wood). Although combining sunflowers we use the Massey 860. No turbo. And park the John Deere. I hope you have lots of corn to combine next year...

katrina said:
Good Luck Feeder. We have been blessed so far with no fires.(knock on wood). Although combining sunflowers we use the Massey 860. No turbo. And park the John Deere. I hope you have lots of corn to combine next year...

Just curious, why do you park the J.D.? Man, if my bro. in law would see your post, I would never hear the end of it!

Hi Maple,
Because of the turbo in the JD. We have seen tons of burned up JDs. And the dollars involved. I have seen combines glow when combining sunflowers. Poof and they are history. Actually we are JD people and they have good equipment, But we are really not impressed with our 9650. The 860 does a better job. Hands down. There is a reason they call JDs the long green line. May do a better job in corn but not in wheat or barley. The guys are really impressed with the new Massey Combines. Cats are nice too. Was not impressed with all the hydraulic lines on the Internationals.. Open up the side of these new combines and take a peek. It'll scare Ya. Also there is a bunch of grease jirks( on the JD,) takes alot of time. Cleaning out the auger is a bitch. Dreadful. Simply what works for some doesn't for others.

Katrina, we have always been a "red" family but the cousins have a JD and it works great too. I have a problem with the JD. I absolutely can't stand the yellow wheels!!! LOL I wonder what they would look like with a different color!

Plug one of those JD's up solid with flax and you'll be wishing for a fire :wink: :lol:

Feeder,

You bought yourself a darn good combine there!! Were a family of "red" up here and wouldnt have anything else. They are all pretty good but cost a lot of bucks!!

I run a little old f2 Gleaner. My buddies say that the gleaner people , when they get past the prototype stage , will paint one. :lol: Those little perkins engines will run all day on a promise.

katrina said:
I think black would look smashing!!!!!!! Do you know why massey wheels are gray??????????

Matches the duct tape!!!! :D :D :D :D

Told this to the husband and the best friend, they thought it was a hoot! We all thought about our neighbour up the road with his Masseys. He has quite the fetish for them, has at least five.

Geez and no-one has said anything about New Holland. That's all we have ever used, and all we ever will. Neighbours had JD but out NH's were in the shop half the time his were... needless to say he switched the coming year. We run a TR 97, and a TR 98.

Oh, I have a story of a New Hollond!!! Bear with me if I have told this before. About 5 years ago we pulled the "old" NH out of the shed to combine some beans so we would have windrows of straw to bale. The 5 yr. old grandson thought that was the coolest looking machine. He wanted to buy it from grandpa for 50 cents. So he forked over 2 quarters. He went out to the field with his dad and after many times of plugging the machine up, the little kid had enough and hated the combine. He came back to grandpa and said he could have that combine back and he wanted his 50 cents back. Well his 2 quarters are in an envelope with his name on it. Someday when I'm gone and the kids go through my stuff they will find those quarters with the story enclosed.

What's a combine???

Just Kidding but I don't have one and sure don't want one.

Latest posts