• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Different, easy and delicious Peach Pie recipe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Bottom crust in pan.

Mix together 3 rounded TBSP flour and
1 C. sugar
Sprinkle half of mixture in bottom of pan.

Fill with peach halves turned so center hole is up.

Sprinkle with rest of mixture.

Pour 1 c. whipping cream over all.

Bake 450 degrees 15 min. then 350 degrees 45 min.

I tried it, I liked it. Sure is fast and easy, too!

I think you could use fresh or frozen peaches.

On Monday our church ladies were making pie crusts and tart shells for a fund raiser. Mrs BMR rolled out 235 pie crusts in 4 hours. one lady was making the dough and another lady was pinching them off the pan and another was packaging in 5's and freezing. The have 2 more goes at making Apple and Saskatoon{June berry} pies.. Takes alot to keep a small church going.

FH----MMMMMMMMMMMM......a man has been selling "fresh utah peaches" out of the back of his truck just down the road for the past few days...think i will pay him a visit tomorrow since peach pie is the hubby's favorite (next to blueberry, of course).....this sounds like one recipe that even I could not screw up!!! :wink: :wink:
BMR----where do i send the money and how soon could i get a few of the goodies!!!??? :wink: :wink:

Blueberry is my all-time favorite pie, too. Add some huckleberries that have set in a little sugar, and it is even better!!

We have a food co-op truck that comes through here several times during the summer, so we have access to fresh fruit from Washington. I always buy a flat of blueberries. I recently ran across this recipe that I am going to try:

Blueberry Blintzes

3/4 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 TBS. sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
Mix batter and let set for one hour, or chill for longer periods. For each blintz, use about 2 TBS. batter and fry on both sides in 2 TBS. butter, as for crepes.
Mix filling:
1 1/2 c. blueberries
3 TBS. sugar
1 TBS.cornstarch
Spread over cooked crepes, and roll up, placing the rolled crepes into
a shallow baking pan. Bake 425 for about twenty minutes.
Serve warm, with sweetened sour cream on top, if desired.

and crepes are really so easy to make! i used to get blueberries by the 2 gallon bucket, cheap, when i lived in indiana. george oughta be able to get a good deal where he is...

the rest of us poor saps have to act like they're gold.... :roll:

Faster horses said:
Bottom crust in pan.

Mix together 3 rounded TBSP flour and
1 C. sugar
Sprinkle half of mixture in bottom of pan.

Fill with peach halves turned so center hole is up.

Sprinkle with rest of mixture.

Pour 1 c. whipping cream over all.

Bake 450 degrees 15 min. then 350 degrees 45 min.

I tried it, I liked it. Sure is fast and easy, too!

I think you could use fresh or frozen peaches.

I don't quite understand about filling up so center hold is up. Sorry, are you using a bundt pan? Looks like a great and easy recipe, the kind I need anymore. Thanks

I wondered if I would confuse anyone with my directions. Sorry about that.

When you halve peaches, you remove the seed from the center and you have a hole where the seed was. Place each peach half in the crust in the PIE PAN with the hole side UP. Guess it holds the sugar/flour mixture better or something. Anyway, that's how I was told to do it. HOLE SIDE UP.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts