• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Digging out from the blizzard.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
000_0012.jpg

Cats helping out.

000_0013-1.jpg

Guys heading east to open the roads.

000_0016.jpg

Snow piled up.

000_0017.jpg

Snow shoved up and out of the way.

000_0018.jpg

I think we can get outta the yard now.

000_0019.jpg

After shoveling the patio for the umteen time, we have only a trail now.

000_0022.jpg

Making it so we can get the simis out.

000_0023.jpg

000_0027.jpg

Clearing out the west way..

000_0028.jpg

000_0029.jpg

000_0030-1.jpg

Snowplowing crew. One of them would rather be jetsking with steve!

000_0032-1.jpg

Wrappin er up for more power!

000_0033-1.jpg

000_0034-1.jpg

Whoa doggies!!! I'll bet that was a sudden stop!!

000_0035-1.jpg

We may need reinforcements on this drift!

Katrina, How much snow did you get?I'd rather look at your pictures than deal with my mess, we got around 20". Never got off the yard from night of the 23rd till 5:00 27th. I'm ready for spring.

They say a foot of snow... But it blew so badly. Boy I know the feeling. I think the guys hauled over 100 gallons of gas to generators. I was really worried christmas nite when they left to fill the generator gas tank at the hired helps place about 1 1/2 miles from the house. Took them two hours.. Misson has more snow, and Valentine has hardly any...

at least you have equipment the get the snow moved around :D i wish i had a dozer like that on the front of my big 4WD farming tractor, sure would come in handy i'm thinkin'. thanks for the pictures :D

I'm glad to hear you're getting dug out, sure is fun, huh? :roll: :D You posted some impressive snow pictures. Hopefully we'll all get a good break in the weather.

Great pics Katrina, all that snow looks familiar; but after the drought I welcome it.

That machine you all have looks like it could plow out anything that comes your way.. :)

If I remember right I think Katrina has a 980 cat - - - The blade on the tractor probably takes less HP and fuel than just a bucket full of snow making it's own V plow.

So far we have had a total of 3" of snow - - - highs in the mid teens to upper 20s so little mud as well.

I kind of miss the money from the large snows but I'm old enough that it's just fine to keep the cats in the shed!

We have an old snowblower, I'd think you'd call it a 3-point on the back of tractor. Hubby got it out with this storm and it still works just fine. It only has one set of blades so it is slower than the new ones. The new one a friend has that has 2 blades and 2 spouts worked great. We got around 20 inches of snow, it has been years that we have had such big piles on the farm.

I like your pictures Kat! Around here, not much snow on the flat, just big drifts wherever there was something to catch snow.

Did you guys make that road trip you had mentioned??

Cal said:
I like your pictures Kat! Around here, not much snow on the flat, just big drifts wherever there was something to catch snow.

Did you guys make that road trip you had mentioned??

We have a snowblower too.. It seems to be slow and rather hard on the transmission of the tractor. I think hubby just gets some relaxation busting through drifts... You know a man thing?? :D :D :roll: :D
No Cal.... No road trip.... Just a dream... We are going down to my folks tomorrow... That's as far south as we will get... Will be good to be in the sandhills.... The sky always looks bigger and brighter from highway 2. :wave:

Katrina said:
000_0030-1.jpg

Snowplowing crew. One of them would rather be jetsking with steve!

bet,.. he looked at that big drift and thought about blasting over it like a wave, on a Jetski !

he sure looks happy to be plowing snow, while someone is standing in the cold takin his picture...

good to see you have the internet back...

Latest posts