• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dirty day to be the truck driver!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
Sure glad it isn't me! The wind is gusting up to 65 km/h and it's so dry here, it's just a dust storm around the bins. I went out long enough to help move the auger to a new bin, and I had dirt in my eyes and my ears and well, just about everywhere! Hats off to the best friend for having to put up with it!

Shelly,

Glad to hear your getting the weather to get your crop off. We jsut tried some canola and its so darn tough we cant test it. Guess we'll try again tomorrow.

How much you have left? As of this moment, we have just over 100 acres of wheat, 60 acres of oats, one whole round of barley swath we missed, and about 5 acres of canola just to clean the combine out with so the mice don't move into it over winter.

I ve got about 200 acres left, but we could walk that off in 2 days if the sun just stayed out. Whats the quality of your wheat like?

It's grading 2 and 3. The canola is 1, the barley is feed, and the oats that should've been milling are feed. Peas went for human consumption. How about you?

Canola is #1 Wheat is #1 13.8 pro And all the barley will be going into the feed bin even though it is likely malt. And the corn gave us around 15.5 tonnes per acre. Just wish we could get this darn specialty canola off.

Latest posts