• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Disrespectful!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleRMe

Reaction score
Volunteers Stand Guard Outside Soldier's Funeral
(09.04.06 - AP) — Mourners in Montrose remember an Army medic who was killed in Afghanistan.

Twenty-one-year-old Army Corporal Christopher Sitton was among three Fort Drum soldiers killed Aug. 19 after an explosive went off near their vehicle.

On Sunday, dozens of volunteers stood between the site of his memorial service and eight picketers from Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas.

The church group has protested military funerals around the country and contends that war deaths are punishment for the country's tolerance of homosexuals.

Police Chief Tom Chinn says the protesters complied with a new state law keeping protesters one-hundred feet away from funerals.

Some people have no respect at all.......................

it's one thing to disagree on the points of warfare and all the "why" and "what-for"'s, but to dishonor a soldier and their family while they mourn their tragic and PERSONAL loss is just plain sick!!! how very, very sad!! :cry: :cry:

good old Fred Phelps......this jerk needs a good old country ass whoopin!!!

I would like to go to his church with a couple hundred guys and picket his service, big signs with slogans against him, maybe even get some gay guys to kiss in front of him.....not that I condone that sorta thing, but it would really piss him off

Hell has a reservation for Fred......

I think its time to get a rope and find a tall tree. these people just make me sooooo mad :mad: I cant beleive that people will stoop to those levels and disrespect someones name like that. It just terrible

100 feet would't have been rnough distance to save them had they, or similar morons,tried protesting at the funerals of any of our soldiers,diplomacy was not a strong point in my late teens/early
twenties!
These ghouls need teaching a lesson in respect!

Wasn't it Fred Phelps who protested in Laramie Wy when Matthew Shephard was attacked?

I was in Laramie the week after he held his protest outside either the courthouse or church...can't remember which one it was.

But...the whole town wanted to tar and feather the man...and sounds like they should've from what I heard of him.

We were visiting my wifes grandparents in Nothern Califonia right after the Shepard murder. We were going to Armstrong State park one day and would go thru a few towns(Guerneville, Cazadero) where the same sex hold hand. Well that morning the kids had on U of Wyoming sweat shrits and Ts after reading the paper and the demistrations at Stata Rosa the night before we told them to redress.

Latest posts