• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dixie Chicks Shoulda Kept Mouth Shut

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It boils down to the fact that they can say anything they want, but we don't have to listen, or like it. And we can show them what we think by not buying their music. They need to be ready for the consequences when they say something like that. If they are ok with the result, then by all means, keep talking.

Broke Cowboy,excellent posts,you said what I thought and tried to word but didn't get it across as well or as nicely as you did :!:

Faster horses said:
His name wasn't Steveb, it was stevec.

If you are that upset over what is posted here, all I can say to you is:

"THERE'S THE DOOR."

You are rude. When you go on your feed sales pitches i just read it and don't respond due to lack of having anything nice to say. Have you ever considered doing that??

Broke Cowboy said:
I will do something I rarely do - respond by line.

nonothing said:
Again broke cowboy you go on like your the only one who understands the fight for free speech..This latest war is not about freedom of speech.

Actually it is one of the main things. You do not realize this because you have never been subject to the likes of someone who would kill you for speaking out against the leader or ruler of the day. I admit I have not either - but I have seen the results.

I like many others ,lost family members to the wars that truely were about freedom.

You have not honoured that - at least in my opinion. And quite likely others. Remember, you were the person to attack those who were simply speaking their mind on the Chics

You know nothing of me,but what you precieve,

To date I have seen nothing other than left wing self serving, self righteous arrogance - poking fun at those who have spoken their mind - and pretending you are above it all.

Granted preception is stronger than truth

Interesting - when I consider this statement I do not agree - but it allows me to understand you a bit better.

and when you attack me it rarely is about the truth of my thoughts.

Actually, you only think I attack you. If I were to attack it would not be with words. When I speak my piece about your writings and your attitudes it is an attempt to show you there are other ways, other means and you enjoy the rights you have because rough people have done tough things - allowing you safety in your home. I do not believe you to be one who would think of that very often.

dont get the respect you deserve.

Believe it or not I do not worry about this issue. What I worry about is folks like you reducing - bit by bit by bit the rights we have today.

I respect you just for pulling on your countries colors of war...What you did was not only brave at the time but,

Thanks but you have completely missed my point. I wonder why?

the scars it seems you carry now,

You may think I am scarred - I do not. Ever been to a veterans hospital? There are the scars. I am simply outspoken because I see people like you every day - acting like your way is the only way and if us plain folks do not comply we are somehow beneath you.

i am honestly sorry for..If i am off base here my apologies.

Pity? Do I smell pity? Hardly worth the consideration.

but i am not about hating anything other than un-needed death..

When you are in a fight to the death there is no such thing as a needless death. You cannot negotiate your way to peace in all circumstances. When it is hot and heavy you want to kill them all and let God sort it out.

Negotiations only take place when your knee is in his chest and your knife is at his throat. Period. That is one of the few times the enemy is willing to negotiate.

Weakness causes things like the Chamberlaine negotiating with Hitler before the war - do you know the statement "peace in our time" from 1939? Shows what negotiations can do.

Perhaps you would care to ask the opponent how he feels about needless death? If he is even willing to consider it.

here is no piont in aguring with you on the freedom of speech issue or any other issue for that matter.Your outwardly dislike and lack of respect for me is evident and noted..

Interesting that you would bring up freedom of speech now.

The only reason you got a response, is because YOU ACCUSED people here of being closed minded and hypocritical.

If you had not done this I would not have made my response to you. I simply proved that you were not as angelic as you let on.

And you did that from your pulpit of superiority and arrogance. And the best part of this whole thing is you cannot even see that. Not one person was even worried about you - until you poked your head in the room and started the name calling.

We live very differently. You earn respect. You do not get it given to you. You decided we were not worthy and therefore you needed to provide some righteous guidance.

I do not think we need guidance and I do not believe you are as righteous as you claim.

I believe it was Faster Horses who told you if you do not like the topic you could find your own way out. It would not have come to this if you had not cast the stone. But I suppose your house is not made of glass.

So i wont say anything eles to you but sorry and godspeed ...

No applogy required and no pity needed. But I will take a blessing any time I can get it - we all need them from time to time.[/quote]

To all,

Sorry about the length of response and sory to get off the topic of the Chics. I simply could not let this one go without my own response.

B.C.

Well said broke back cowboy,I do not pity you,i believe you truely stand by your own words.Your following of supporters seems vast.Enjoy your life and thank-you for opening my eyes into who i really am...thank-you sir,for you assute breakdown of my character.It is not ever day everything a man says is wrong,but you proved it today with my last post,so again congrates and thank-you.

nonothing wrote:

so again congrates and thank-you.

Thanks for the response. Have another read and then remember who it was who started the personal accusations in a discussion about a topic that was entirely peaceful.

When you open a door and toss a grenade - there will be consequences.

Remember, those who wrote in support are hard working, caring and honest people who would feed you if you were hungry, clothe you if you were naked and doctor you if you were sick. You must admit there are probably none here who would not be valued neighbours.

They can hardly be called hypocrites and closed minded for their opinions. If that is the case why are you any different?

They are the remnants of the traditional country folk - once the heart and soul of the western world. I am proud to be one of them.

I have not called you names. I have simply pointed out that you cannot push folks and expect them to sit idly by and take it. Especially these folks. I have pointed out how you appeared when you did this.

Appreciate the final quoted sentence.

Your are entirely welcome.

Have a nice day.

B.C.

Disagreeable said:
I saw the other day that the Armed Forces Radio network is planning to take most country music programs off and put on more rap and hip hop :shock: .

Link:

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=36735&archive=true

They may as well ditch the country programming, I didn't listen to AFN anyway, I only heard a little country durring lunch time. Country listners aren't going to listen to AFN to hear just a few country songs. AFN is crap and I don't miss it one bit.

Latest posts