• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Do you use the radio in the tractor?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

damengineer

Reaction score
Just curious, I have cabs on most of my tractors, and on my swather. Swather is an old Gehl/Owatonna 16ft sickle machine with an A/C that works. My New Holland has a good cab and quite a few crature comforts including a fancy marine radio I got through points on my Bass Pro Credit Card.. The swather doesn't have a radio, but I did have a pair of those radio hearing protection earmuffs one time. It seems that every time I have a radio running that is when I either plug the baler or swather. I grew up with no cab and ran everything by the sound of the machine. I knew my old Massey 90 combine inside and out and could tell when the grain return was overloaded by the sound of the grain hitting the cylinder. I gave up listening to the radio while running a few years ago, including the truck. I seem to be a better operator and driver when the radio is off...

Neither one of my tractors has a cab let alone a radio. The old flatbed feed pickup has a radio which doesn't work. The good pickup has a radio which I never turn on. There is no cell service here at the house so I think that radio would be very limited and sketchy at best.

The more confidence I have in what I'm running and the more confidence I have in my ability to be able to afford down time the more I would listen to my radio.
Where I'm at there are not a lot of choices in radio stations so most of the time there isn't much to
Iisten to

Remember doing some spring tillage and the local radio on in the JD cab, and a steady new report of a bomber inside the Cokeville grade school. then stopping praying and crying .

Yes. Keeps me awake through silly season! The sun goes down and there's still acreage left, we plug our phones through the speakers for spotify and chat over the intercoms.

I remember topping a few hundred acres alone one summer in an old ford with nothing but the warmth of the day and noise of the engine and my eyelids were like lead weights constantly!

Latest posts