• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Doctoring for footrot

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Jinglebob is here visiting Saddletramp. This mornng, those two and Brock and I rode in the rain to check cattle, and ended up doctoring four yearling heifers for footrot. As you might expect with this crew, "work" turned into play. It was an enjoyable morning. The proof is in the pudding and in the pictures.

sunflowers.jpg

Sunflowers
naturesbeauty.jpg

Nature's beauty
SaddletrampandJinglebob.jpg

Saddletramp and Jinglebob
threecowpokesinapasture.jpg

Three cowpokes in a pasture
headinout.jpg

Headin' out
Jinglebobontheheels.jpg

Jinglebob on the heels
softsittingstorytelling.jpg

Soft sitting and story telling
Saddletramptakinglifeeasy.jpg

Saddletramp taking life easy
threeriders.jpg

Pokin' across the pasture
numberone.jpg

Three riders

So there's our entertainment for the Get-together, folks. Should the restaurant be warned they might drag in heifers for seating as part of their act?

send me a PM so I can deliver my attendence Sat 1 at 1:00pm at the Deadwood Gulch Resort Restaurant. I can't find you on the list to send a message. Kate/wy

Now this blessed computor won't show the pictures!! :mad:

Soapweed, hope your family had an excellent vacation, can't wait to hear about it!

Soapweed said:
Jinglebob is here visiting Saddletramp. This mornng, those two and Brock and I rode in the rain to check cattle, and ended up doctoring four yearling heifers for footrot. As you might expect with this crew, "work" turned into play. It was an enjoyable morning. The proof is in the pudding and in the pictures.

sunflowers.jpg

Sunflowers
naturesbeauty.jpg

Nature's beauty
SaddletrampandJinglebob.jpg

Saddletramp and Jinglebob
threecowpokesinapasture.jpg

Three cowpokes in a pasture
headinout.jpg

Headin' out
Jinglebobontheheels.jpg

Jinglebob on the heels
softsittingstorytelling.jpg

Soft sitting and story telling
Saddletramptakinglifeeasy.jpg

Saddletramp taking life easy
threeriders.jpg

Pokin' across the pasture
numberone.jpg

Three riders

I'm surprised no one commented on that great looking paint horse!

Maybe it's the light conditions, but the others sure don't show off as well.

Does he work as great as he looks?

Looks like you guys had a great day. My 'other half' rode his new horse a bit this morning, visited a house-bound friend this afternoon, and is now pulling burdock after a young gal spent some time today picking burs out of the horses maines and tails, while our grandson was trimming hoofs.

Good jobs for a rainy day. Think we may have about .65-.70 since last night. Need more......thankful for what we got.

MRJ

MRJ
Yes ,they gave me a good horse to ride. We had a great time. The paint tracks and handles well. To bad the feller ridin' him wasn't as good as the horse! :lol:

You will notice in the one picture that Saddletramp was spoiling his horse by letting him eat. And I always thought he was a better hand then that! :shock:
In truth, Soapweed just happened to snap the picture as Saddletramp's horse was reaching for the grass and if you look closely enough, you will see that Saddletramp was just in the motion of correcting the horse.

Soap and Saddletramp have a wonderful, green country to ride and live in! Sure was a change to have to try and rope someting before they got to a waterhole! And it really didn't matter anyway, as you can ride right in and it ain't very deep and dang sure ain't muddy! :mad: I am green with envy! :lol:

Wonderful country and wonderful people!

I've always heard that the camera puts on 5 pounds. In me and Saddle Tramps case, I would have to say that Soapweeds camera put on at least 20 or 25! :lol: Cuz' I know we ain't as fat as them pictures made us look! :lol:

We are a handsome breed by nature, as Saddle Tramp says! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soapweed's son, sure had a lot of fun with us "old "men and all the things that "old" men have to do often, after drinking tea and/or coffee. We told him if he was lucky enough to live as long as us "old" men, that he would experience it too. :eek: Oh, to be young and vigorus again! :oops: :cry: :x :lol: :p :p

Any of you get a chance to go to that part of the country, sure do it. Valentine in October for Old West Days would be an excellent oppurtunity.

Oh, and I got to see Soapweeds calf branding rig, and it looks to be well made and would darn sure work and make a tuff job for some very enjoyable. Only drawback I can see for our country, would be digging the hole to set it up and Saddletramp and I discussed it and think there is a way to make it work in harder digging ground.

I got to watch part of the video where they were using it, and it looks perty slick! :D

Latest posts