• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Does it make you proud

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
to know that your tax dollars are supporting a government that allows this? Excerpts; link below; my emphasis.

"Sectarian rhetoric sharpened four days after U.S. troops found up to 173 malnourished detainees — some showing signs of torture — in an Interior Ministry building in the capital's Jadriyah district. Most were believed to be Sunni Arabs, the main group in the insurgency."

"He also said "those who are supporting terrorism are making the exaggerations" about torture and that only seven detainees showed signs of abuse."

"But Voice of America reported on its Web site Thursday that Jabr's remarks about the number of abused prisoners contradicted what it witnessed Monday night, when U.S. troops moved the men from the Interior Ministry detention center to the American-run Abu Ghraib prison for medical care."

"Maj. Gen. Rick Lynch told reporters that American soldiers, led by U.S. Brig. Gen. Karl Horst, went to the Jadriyah facility because a 15-year-old boy was believed to be held there illegally. Interior Ministry officers denied the U.S. troops entry until Horst telephoned Jabr, who ordered his staff to let the Americans in, Lynch said.

"When he entered the facility, Gen. Horst saw 169 individuals that had been detained. Some of those individuals looked like they had been abused, malnourished and mistreated," Lynch said. "Gen. Horst and his soldiers took control of the facility, took appropriate actions with the Iraqi leadership and the Iraqi government."

In a nationally televised press conference, Jabr, the interior minister, delivered a spirited defense of his agency and said the detainees included Shiites and Sunnis — some among the most "dangerous terrorists" in the country."
(My note: he sounds just like Bush, doesn't he?)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051117/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Disagreeable said:
to know that your tax dollars are supporting a government that allows this?
I'm not sure if I'm proud of that, or not. I think not. I'd rather they just execute most of them. Just keep two or three to torture. Takes too much manpower to torture that many, not to mention wasting little scraps of food that our guard dogs could have. Thanks for pointing this out. I think I'll contact my Senator.

Latest posts