• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Don't Do This at Home

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Today I broke almost every rule in the book and for a while thought I had killed myself...I decided to spray some spurge patches around the edge of some hayfields- small patches so I use handsprayer off 4 wheeler...After I got the equipment lined up I remembered that the Tordon I usually use burned in my neighbors shed last year...So I went looking around the shop and barn-- found an old oil jug that had what I remembered was (and smelled like) Esther 2-4D (probably 20 years old)- not much, so I found a small amount of Roundup- then for good measure I mixed in some ground sterilant I had got from the utility company, that I can't read the label on anymore... No measuring- just dump a little of this and little of that...Spent the morning spraying and by 2PM I was sicker than a rabid dog....

When I began getting sick my wife asked what I had been using-- after I told her, she said to write them down...When I asked why (thinking she was preparing in case I needed medical treatment) she answered "so when I get tired of my next idiot husband I'll know how to get rid of him." :? No sympathy in this house for stupidity......

But the good news is I'm feeling a lot better now, think I'll live, and it looks like its going to put a kink in the spurge- altho I'm not sure I'll ever kill it out.... But I don't think I'll ever use an unknown chemical concotion again......

I think your last sentence would be wise advice to follow.

Don't know if you are lucky or if your wife is lucky, but someone is, for sure. Mixing those chemicals could be lethal. I hope you suffer no after-effects.

Tsk, Tsk. :roll: :roll: :roll:

OT,
I'm going to send ranchwife up there, not to nurse you, but to paddle your A$$.. The bad thing, you probably just burnt the top off the spurge and it will grow back even thicker cause the Roundup has killed all of it;s competition. :!:

OT, Sure hope you don't have any ill after affects,like a mental switch-a-roo. Wouldn't it be something if you became a NCBA lover!!!! lol Have a great day.

I worked for a grain farmer, way back in the early '80's ,and I spilled some Treflan on my leg. To this day no hair grows on that spot, but, other than that I don't think it affected me... affected me... affected me...... :lol:

sw said:
OT,
I'm going to send ranchwife up there, not to nurse you, but to paddle your not nice.. The bad thing, you probably just burnt the top off the spurge and it will grow back even thicker cause the Roundup has killed all of it;s competition. :!:

I'M ON MY WAYYYYYYY!!!! OT....sure hope you are feeling better and have learned a valuable lesson to pass on to your younguns!!!! Take care!!! :D

ranchwife said:
sw said:
OT,
I'm going to send ranchwife up there, not to nurse you, but to paddle your not nice.. The bad thing, you probably just burnt the top off the spurge and it will grow back even thicker cause the Roundup has killed all of it;s competition. :!:

I'M ON MY WAYYYYYYY!!!! OT....sure hope you are feeling better and have learned a valuable lesson to pass on to your younguns!!!! Take care!!! :D

I'm feeling plumb fine today- but don't think I'll try that again--And my son knows better- he's the one that told me to wait until I got the right ingredients- but I wanted to get it done before the predicted monsoons move in... Weather boys are predicting 100% chance of rain tonight :D ..

I need to get north today and check the mineral feeders to see how the cows are doing on the VIGORTONE (note that FH :lol: ) before the rain I'm hoping for shows up--But I have a lady coming to get 2 pups so need to stick around until she shows up--maybe the rain will beat her- What the Hey :D

Oldtimer said:
ranchwife said:
sw said:
OT,

I'm feeling plumb fine today- but don't think I'll try that again--And my son knows better- he's the one that told me to wait until I got the right ingredients- but I wanted to get it done before the predicted monsoons move in... Weather boys are predicting 100% chance of rain tonight :D ..

i have sent in a request with old mother nature to move this rain on your way!! been coming down here in what Hanta Yo refers to as a good old fashioned "soaker" all day long!!! :shock:

I need to get north today and check the mineral feeders to see how the cows are doing on the VIGORTONE (note that FH :lol: ) before the rain I'm hoping for shows up--But I have a lady coming to get 2 pups so need to stick around until she shows up--maybe the rain will beat her- What the Hey :D

ranchwife said:
Oldtimer said:
ranchwife said:

i have sent in a request with old mother nature to move this rain on your way!! been coming down here in what Hanta Yo refers to as a good old fashioned "soaker" all day long!!! :shock:

ranchwife- you apparently are in good graces with Ol Ma Nature--After the lady came to get the pups I got to thinking about the weather prediction and looked at the sky, the east winds, and the smell of the airand thought maybe the weather guys were right this time-- called the son and and loaded up bulls, which I wasn't going to take to pasture until Thursday and headed out -- Was able to drop them off without having to ride and mud them out by trailing--found the east end of the pasture with coulees so wet and green you could not cross and the west end kicking up dust...
Finished and got back to town about 5PM- stopped at the local waterhole to tell lies with a Canadian neighbor and the rain started-- came straight down but sometimes just dumped-- so far we have .7 on the river and 1.4 up on the pasture--its still raining and it looks like more is coming... :D :D :D Life is good- glad this time I listened to the weather boys rather than trying to haul bulls out thru the mud.........

I think even Big Muddy may be getting wet from this one.... :D

Oldtimer said:
Today I broke almost every rule in the book and for a while thought I had killed myself...... No measuring- just dump a little of this and little of that...Spent the morning spraying and by 2PM I was sicker than a rabid dog...

You have a death wish or something, OT?
If we hear you've also taken up bungee jumping we'll know for sure.

ANd the WHOLE WORLD is glad you aren't :wink: bestowing your genetic code on anymore babies :D

Latest posts