• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Don't look good at all

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Trinity man

Reaction score
off07_prcp.gif

churchill

Now what do we do?

I heard one of the local saturday sale barn had 2000 just cows sold and owner of the sale barn I use to report on Turesday has over 700 cows tonight and trailers line up for a mile. I just pray these weathermen are totally wrong.

Trinity man said:
off07_prcp.gif

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions//multi_season/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.php

Now what do we do?

I heard one of the local saturday sale barn had 2000 just cows sold and owner of the sale barn I use to report on Turesday has over 700 cows tonight and trailers line up for a mile. I just pray these weathermen are totally wrong.

It just doesn't seem to get any better for you folks.
I wish there was something we could do~just keep praying
for rain for y'all I reckon. I pray you will get a break in
the weather.

There was a phone number on KBHB today from someone
wanting to buy hay to go to Texas.

Faster horses said:
There was a phone number on KBHB today from someone
wanting to buy hay to go to Texas.

Oh yeah, we had 10 loads of hay spoken for, but miraculously it has disappeared to the south :mad:. The seller claims to be getting up to $300/T delivered, and has a backhaul lined up, so I can't blame them for wanting to make money. However, their greedy decision has lost them a very good, 20 year customer who will not be screwed over by them again :wink: .

Yup... Our phone has rang off the hook with hay jockies wanting hay.... Sorry but we won't sell hay to someone who will in turn sell it for double what they paid... To profit on someone else's hardship.. But if someone who we know from Texas who is an actual cowman we would consider.

Agreed, katrina. Mr. FH just said the other day that people shouldn't
take advantage of others misfortune and should price their hay as per usual.
I know that's what we are doing. And if anyone needs hay we
have it priced reasonably and have about 400 tons left to sell.

Thing is...a $25 roll of hay....by the time it's shipped just from Tennessee is up to $55 or so with the shipping. When it comes from further north the price just gets higher. Stopped in a feed store the other day. He had the big square bales. $200 each. Just asked how much out of curiosity. It was brome/timothy mix.

Latest posts