• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

don't ya just hate getting up for work...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
salt.jpg

5-20-2011.jpg

5-20-2011a.jpg

5-20-2011b.jpg

branding.jpg

adbrand.jpg

1127c.jpg

1106b.jpg

50 years?
50yrs.jpg

next project - here is what the frazer bull is going to get AI.
heifersAI.jpg

Soapweed said:
I like the view out your office window. You have an enviable occupation. :)

i do to. ya know i've been thinking alot about it lately - my occupation, our occupation... i hope and pray more than i have about much of anything lately that it doesn't end. this whole defecit, economy, crazy world a guy hears about every day gets scary after awhile. i had to write a letter for my ten year old boy for a project his class is doing. they are doing a time capsule to open when they graduate high school and the jist of what i wrote was that i hope its not my generation that sits idley by and looses this way of life... i hope the worry is for nothing but i don't even know what to do about it.

Hereford, you do have an enviable lifestyle. Spoken by someone that has to do something else by day to make it all come together. Glad you are able to appreciate your blessings.

So how did your branding go Ace?

I feel bad because about 10 minutes after you left I remembered I had a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk in the fridge for you. :(

Will have to see what I can do to get some up to you soon. :D

Nice country and good looking cattle. Do you guys get a premium for Herefords where you are? Or is it just your preference? Here if it has a red hide they dont sale nearly as well. Just curious.

LRAF said:
Nice country and good looking cattle. Do you guys get a premium for Herefords where you are? Or is it just your preference? Here if it has a red hide they dont sale nearly as well. Just curious.

i ain't going to let pat win that easy!

imo the premium isn't what goes into my pocket as much as what stays in.

i don't know of any premium anyone is paying. i just do my homework to make my own.... deep down, i just love them... horned ones anyhow.

Northern Rancher said:
What bulls are the goggle eyed calves out of

817 did it too.

i can't wait for next spring to breed those two calves pictured above. i was wondering if i could talk my way into a commission - a fella phoned about 817 - said he saw him down in billings.

I Luv Herfrds said:
So how did your branding go Ace?

I feel bad because about 10 minutes after you left I remembered I had a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk in the fridge for you. :(

Will have to see what I can do to get some up to you soon. :D

branding is always a fun celebration - it was real windy tho but cool and thats always less stress. seems like you got some growing kids that will make good use of the milk and eggs. thanks anyhow.

High Plains said:
Hereford, you do have an enviable lifestyle. Spoken by someone that has to do something else by day to make it all come together. Glad you are able to appreciate your blessings.

we have to do extra too. my wife works part time, i do some custom haying to help pay for equipment, and rarely turn down the chance to earn a buck sweating a little. our boys are becoming super help.... and the little girl just likes to be boss.

Nice thread, nice photos, nice thoughts H76.

Ranching really is a way of life, isn't it. I'd never done it before though I know now I'll never do anything else.

I've been in the States over 2 months now but boy do I miss my place down south. I stay in touch on a daily basis with what's going on there and in my mind's eye I can see it all, but I still miss it.

Here in the states I eat too much, I stay up too late, I talk too much politics, and I miss being on my ranch.....seeing the season change, seeing my place turning green again, seeing this year's calf crop.

Good Lord willing I'll be headed back down there shortly. Yeah, I'll miss family and friends here too, but there's still no place like the place we each call home.

Home is where the heart is. It is always interesting to see a funeral notice of someone who has lived away from this area for the past forty years, but they want their final resting place to be a cemetery in the Sandhills where they grew up. It's hard to ever dump all the sand out of one's shoes. :wink:

Latest posts