• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Down the road to Hay Makers camp

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0524.jpg
On the way to the house

IMG_0528.jpg
almost there

IMG_0525.jpg
LiL farther

IMG_0522.jpg
past this field

IMG_0520.jpg
around this one,that road up the hill leads to town

IMG_0532.jpg
past this one,I see some pork for my venison sausage

IMG_0529.jpg
Here we are,that's the ole wash house

IMG_0514.jpg
Hay Makers camp

IMG_0517.jpg
a few black calves

IMG_0516.jpg
more black calves

Faster horses said:
NICE PLACE, Haymaker!

Believe I could winter there!

Thank you faster horses,took these this morning,sky sure is blue today,temps in the sixties..............good luck
PS I cant tell picture stories like Lilly,soap & liberty belle,but I try :wink:

Great looking country and cattle haymaker.Must be dry though--still leaves on the trees and your feeding hay!

I will run outside and take a picture of how it looks here in comparison. Hope I can remember how to get the picture from my camera to ranchers.net.

You place looks nice and tidy. And I love the way your house sets in there. Already saw the inside; it's a nice comfy place to hang your hat.
Lucky you!

Juan said:
Great looking country and cattle haymaker.Must be dry though--still leaves on the trees and your feeding hay!

You're sure right about it being dry Juan,I been feeding hay most of the year................good luck

That new snow is pretty,I would like to get in a good ole snow ball fight,gonna have to get a lil warmer tho,like soapweed said 6 degrees is to cold for snow ball fighting :D we get a lil snow here in the Hill country every two or three years,I look forward to it as it is sure differnt,usually sunny and mild around here,I really enjoy cold weather up to a point,seeing those ole black cows blowing steam outa their nose early on a cold morning while doing chores aint all bad..............good luck

PS could'nt help but notice "you did'nt run outside and shoot pictures" :D :D :D

Nice pictures and nice place, Haymaker. How far are you from Dallas? When I was down there a couple weeks ago it was pretty doggone dry, even though it did rain hard one day while we were there.

Faster Horses - it looks just about the same out my window. Aren't we glad we didn't get what the folks east of the river here in the Dakotas got?

I love seeing the different parts of the country - - - - it was in the low 60's today - - - we had 4'" of snow the day befor Thanksgiving but it was gone by mid afternoon and back to mud.

I'm feeding hay to keep the cows out of the mud. I will turn them out on some stock piled grass when it drys or freezes.

I know I spoil my girls but I concreted the feeding area about 30 years ago and I feel that with the hay savings and the stress off the cows the concrete has paid for its self.

I used to keep moving the bale feeders and rutting the ground - - - the area where we fed would not produce good pasture later - - - wear and tear on the equipment ( tractors - feeders - etc )

I placed the concrete on a south facing hill and sloped the concrete 1/2 inch per foot - - - very easy cleanup and keeps dry - - - I have a loafing shed at the top and I have to lay 2X8s across the opening in the winter to keep manure inside. It forms a 3 to 4 inch dry pack they seem to love to lay on. I keep the outside area cleaned- - - it only takes about thirty minutes a week.

Liberty Belle said:
Nice pictures and nice place, Haymaker. How far are you from Dallas? When I was down there a couple weeks ago it was pretty doggone dry, even though it did rain hard one day while we were there.

Faster Horses - it looks just about the same out my window. Aren't we glad we didn't get what the folks east of the river here in the Dakotas got?

About 300 hundred miles from Dallas Liberty,but I think all of TX is dry..................good luck

Haymaker,
Yeap, That's the Hill Country.
Looks like you got you a litter of piglets runnin in yer oat/rye(?) patch. Noticed today that they've been back out on the backside of our place and have rooted up a bunch more. Them's liveoak trees aint they? keep their leaves year round, we have a few of them here, but not near as many as you do.
Enjoyed the "ride home"
And looks like you got one that likes to climb up in her dinner plate to eat hay. HeHe

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Haymaker,
Yeap, That's the Hill Country.
Looks like you got you a litter of piglets runnin in yer oat/rye(?) patch. Noticed today that they've been back out on the backside of our place and have rooted up a bunch more. Them's liveoak trees aint they? keep their leaves year round, we have a few of them here, but not near as many as you do.
Enjoyed the "ride home"
And looks like you got one that likes to climb up in her dinner plate to eat hay. HeHe

Its oats Lilly,yeah I been seeing these lil pigs every morning for a few days,kinda strange that there is no sow with them.
I guess one of these hunters got her.You see how these oat fields are eat down ? I will admitt we havent had any moisture to speak of but,planted it on Labor day and havent been able to run one steer one day on it,deer get it all

I like your spot on the earth Haymaker. It's easy to see you are proud of it, and you should be. good luck back at you haymaker.......... :wink:

what kind of a camp is that Haymaker??? I never saw one tent or a fishing pole !

we sure camp different here in Kansas.....

you really have a nice spread, when can we come down hog huntin'?

Latest posts