• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

DRAFT?????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Saddletramp

Reaction score
Just jumped in the pickup for a second yesterday and caught something on the radio about the draft.

I've got this figured out......

1) All graduating high school students should be ellgible for two yrs. of service to their country.

In return they should recieve two years college tuition and full vet. benefits.

This will give all HS grads gareented employment and a chance for a college degree. Plus loans, etc.

2) ALL illegal aliens in this country are to serve two years in our military. No matter what age, sex, or nationality.

In return for LOYAL service TO THIS COUNTRY they will be given full citizenship. No college tuition, no benefits, just citizenship.

Also they will recieve the privilege to learn our language and job skills for their future as Americans.

Failure to serve our flag faithfully( one strike and you're out ) will result in death by firing squad for treason.

If they want in so bad they should have no problem with serving our country.

Maybe they will think twice about staying home. This should help in the war againest drugs and unemployment and education.

I know this sounds too simple to work but then again it just might. :wink:

You know Saddletramp I could go with that- sounds too good and too simple, so somewhere it must violate some of ACLU's presumed rights... :roll: I do know, having gone to college with many Vietnam veterans, that a couple of years of maturing and seeing the real world made them ten time better students....

I heard a similar idea up here a while ago about forming a Foreign Legion. The idea being that in order to qualify for citizenship an immigrant would be required to serve 2 yrs in the military. I like the idea, at least you'd know the people you were getting actually wanted to be here.
I'm not sold on the draft idea though, the best armies are generally volunteers. But by all means reward the volunteers with college education.

Fortress America.

I thought were supposed to help make the world a better place so it is worth staying at home and they don't have to come here.

Econ101 said:
Fortress America.

I thought were supposed to help make the world a better place so it is worth staying at home and they don't have to come here.

I thought are responsibility it to make America a better place. The world is not our responsibility. So which ever makes America a better place rather it be Allowing Immigrants to become citizens through Military service or by ridding our country of them.

Taking care of America and its interest should be our concern. Everyone wants us to make the world a better place but when we attempt it they do not like it.

On the topic of immigrants joining the Army I was thinking that this was already possible? Could have swore I saw some special on it in past. Will have to Google it.

Latest posts