• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Drivers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I got a call yesterday afternoon-- Apparently some drunk that doesn't know how to drive went off the hiway and clobbered our fence...Took out 21 posts and left a 100 yards of fence in a mess- then took off- apparently with a lot of damage on his Ford Superduty from the parts left behind....I told the deputy that came to look at it, to catch them this weekend- while I'm filling in as Judge...Boy could I dream up some rehabilitative therapy :wink: ....

Can't stand drunks that drive drunk and don't know how to.... Lucky thing is this is the pasture I just moved out of, so won't need to have it fixed until Sept. when I move back in- but better get it done before I get busy with haying and harvest....

Big Muddy- this was a northbound-- You ain't been tipping a few in the states have you?? :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
I got a call yesterday afternoon-- Apparently some drunk that doesn't know how to drive went off the hiway and clobbered our fence...Took out 21 posts and left a 100 yards of fence in a mess- then took off- apparently with a lot of damage on his Ford Superduty from the parts left behind....I told the deputy that came to look at it, to catch them this weekend- while I'm filling in as Judge...Boy could I dream up some rehabilitative therapy :wink: ....

Can't stand drunks that drive drunk and don't know how to.... Lucky thing is this is the pasture I just moved out of, so won't need to have it fixed until Sept. when I move back in- but better get it done before I get busy with haying and harvest....

Big Muddy- this was a northbound-- You ain't been tipping a few in the states have you?? :lol: :lol:

Isn't that a bitch when that happens? We have a pasture along a major highway and we can count on it happening every couple of years. Last time it happened, we were out till 1:30 in the morning fixing fence by the lights of out trucks. Damn, it just pisses me off! Especially, when they can just drive away, damaged vehicle or not!

Had a freind that this happened to. Driver was an immigrant. When Deputy was filling out report, he asked Bob to estimate the damage. I think Bob said somthing like $750 and the deputy looke at him like he was an ambulance chaser. Long story short, insurance company offered him more to settle. One part is the driver wasn't the car owner, but the car owner was the insured motorist, was kinda a mess for him,

PPRM

Latest posts