• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dunn Mountain Fire Pictures [DialUp Beware]

Help Support Ranchers.net:

montana cowgurl

Reaction score
In the past few days, I've taken about 150 fire pictures :shock: :lol:
So I figured I should share some with you guys. :D
Oh & sorry they're different sizes lol

Smokey Sunrise
100_2044.jpg

Still a ways away
100_2086.jpg

Big flare up
100_2103.jpg

I wanna fly this!!
100_2123.jpg

Lookin pretty ugly
100_2127.jpg

Uhh.. it's coming
100_2135.jpg

Close up
100_2140.jpg

Ring of fire?
100_2152.jpg

Crownin the trees, cool pic though.
100_2153.jpg

My favorite place on the ranch is burned
100_2168.jpg

This morning
100_2171.jpg

100_2175.jpg

Gettin bad on the western neighbors'
100_2185.jpg

There are soooo many parts of the country that have dead trees standing everywhere because of Pine Beetle infestations, not that that's what your deal is, but forests everywhere are really some prime potential infernos.

Good pictures, and good luck! Did you have any bales in danger of getting burned up?

Nope, all of our hay is on the same side of the county road as our house, away from the fire :D

That pasture that got burned up is our summer grazing though, I got the majority of the cows outta there yesterday early afternoon.

will the fire kill off the pine beetle? we are losing trees here at an alarming rate due to that beetle. we are told to pull infected trees, rake up all the debris, and burn it.

jigs said:
will the fire kill off the pine beetle? we are losing trees here at an alarming rate due to that beetle. we are told to pull infected trees, rake up all the debris, and burn it.

Fire will kill pine beetles. The problem is fire suppresion. The FS up here religiously put out fires and "studied" the pine beetle until the pine forest in BC is basically wiped out. They also allowed the loggers to haul infected trees into areas where there were no bugs. The bugs are now in the young healthy trees that the experts said would never be affected. In some areas they are moving into the Spruce and killing them.
Had there been less fire suppresion in non-populated areas and more attention paid to where the logs were hauled the bugs may have been slowed down.
They will disappear when the pine are gone and sometime in the future they will again give experts cause for concern and govt. reason to p... away money.

Latest posts