• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dunn Mountain Fire

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
A fire started on Dunn Mountain last Fri, the 22nd of August. Started at 600 Acres, now it's 61,000 acres. That's about 15 mi S of us, but the wind keeps changing and makes me nervous. I feel bad for our neighbors, one of them has only his house standing, all his hay and forage grass is burned up. The government in now in charge and is worried about saving some brand new houses on top of a hill. Forget the cows and their feed :mad:

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/1502/

Here are some pics:

08Fire1.jpg

08fire2.jpg

08fire3.jpg

08fire4.jpg

08fire5.jpg

08fire6.jpg

08fire7.jpg

MCG took some pics last night of the orange glow from the fire, she may post those on here, too. Neighbors on our backside just called, they are getting a little panicky. I hope it's in anticipation of the winds changing and the fire moving our way, rather than it actually is moving our way. Guess we'll wait and see. I sure wish the wind would just die down and let the firefighters get a good grip on the fire!!!

Gee Hanta,thats a tad too close for comfort,stay safe and hoping it stays out of your range.

It tis the season for fires unfortunatly...though it may be a tragic now,,just know that with a little TLC from up above,,you'll have lush grass again...Be careful!

Geez Hanta Yo...please stay safe. We are praying for you. We know all to well know what your neighbor is facing. I hope there are some feed resource close for them to tap into.

I hope the wind slows down, and you get some rain. My gut just gets wrenched remembering how bad those fires are. Jassy is right, it is fire season, so I hope everyone remembers human life is way more important that all other.

We'll be praying for you guys Kathy.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Latest posts