• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Early start to winter

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Were suppose to get snow and rain on monday and tuesday,we are sure wet already.I was hoping all the moisture the last 10 days was the end of it for a while,but i guess old man winter isn't done with us yet!

Was in Brooks yesterday too... absolutely great day... spent it pounding fence posts in shirt sleeve weather.... BUT yur rite.... the snow is coming..gotta love southern Alberta.. just wait a bit, the weather is bound to change.lol :)

Yep, beautiful here on the east side of Calgary YESTERDAY. Today not so much,showers and cool all day and now snow is falling. Weather Dude say's we have now had EIGHT consecutive month's with snow.

4 to 5 inches of wet snow on the ground and still lightly coming down...just a wet sloppy mess. found some good used (90%) m/s tires for the tracker a couple week's back,they were a size bigger than should be but fit well and sure help it get around better. and they were only 25% of new price :D :D :D

We had rain last weekend. Almost an inch. The first real moisture since August. 2 days later and we were under a fire ban. never hit 0C until about noon today. They are talking snow, but if it is a form of moisture I am doubting we will get it.
We don't have a designated fire lighter for May at our church, so I guess we will scramble out the troops to light the stove before the service tomorrow. :shock:
Right now I don't know if I want heat to make the grass grow or moisture. Asking for both might be a bit much. :lol:

Just south of the Canadian line up around Opheim got snow again last night... We received about .25 of an inch more rain...
Predicting a chance of snow again tonight-- and predicting rain tomorrow and showers all week...

Snowing again today...Melting about as fast as it hits here- but I'm hearing north is turning white again...
Picked up another .2 of nice moisture..

Latest posts