• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Eastern Oregon Mulies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Deer season opened last weekend. Had 3 guys come to hunt...Bruce - the guy we lease some rangeground from, His son James, and Bruce's BIL John. So on opening day they came home about 1:00 with John's deer. A 6 point (here that is a 6X6) :)
John.jpg

The next day James got his 4 point
James.jpg

Bruce and James
BruceandJames.jpg

Then Mike got his, he said it was a 5X6, but if you count any points you can hang a ring on, it's a 8X8.
Mike2.jpg

Mike.jpg

I wasn't there, so it's not my fault there are no field pics 8)

Bruce came back yesterday, and at almost dark shot this one
Bruce.jpg

Couldn't find it so went back this morning and the dogs found it ... right where Mike thought it was last night.
Bruce2.jpg

Northern Rancher said:
What did Mikes score-I'm guessing high 180's gross-that's a pretty sweet mule deer.

I don't know what it scored, but it was 19"high and 27 or 28"wide.

Yeah, he was going up on a winch :p They couldn't drive to it from the bottom or the top, but the top was much closer. They have a Kubota with a winch, makes it easier but Mike and James still had to drag it uphill quite aways by hand. You'd think Mike would've had a rope, but no :? Bet he does next time :wink:

Nicky,

Dave Cabe from Pleasant Hill, Alabama sends his regards to you and Mike.

He told me all about how well your dogs were trained also. :wink:

Nice bucks!

Hey Mike,
I wondered if you knew him, he's a nice guy! Pm your last name and where you live so I can tell Mazie I "know" you when I call her. We had alot of fun with Dave both in Canada and when we came down to Al. Ask him about finding us at the stop sign when we were lost on our way to Colvins :p

Nicky said:
Hey Mike,
I wondered if you knew him, he's a nice guy! Pm your last name and where you live so I can tell Mazie I "know" you when I call her. We had alot of fun with Dave both in Canada and when we came down to Al. Ask him about finding us at the stop sign when we were lost on our way to Colvins :p

Dave already told me about walking up to the truck at the stop sign. We had a really good laugh over that. Dave is a good guy.

Mike Callis
Montgomery, Alabama

Nicky - here I thought James was mighty proud of that deer and was not letting go of it ... making his buddies haul him up also. :p
Just kidding .... sometimes hunters are so "intense" LOL :wink:
Nothing to shabby about Mike's!

Edit - just to make myself clear I'm not saying John shouldn't be proud of his deer - it just looks like he's not helping the lift to much . :p 8)

Nicky,

One of my favorite things to when visiting the in-laws during christmas was driving around Eagle Valley and seeing the Monster Bucks....It appears some are a little further west as well, good memories.....If they had Montana Grass to develop the bodies to go with those racks, My word!

Nice Pics,

PPRM

Latest posts