• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ebola patient has died

Help Support Ranchers.net:

some conflicting reports on whether he has died or not...

Thomas A. Duncan, who became ill with Ebola after arriving from West Africa in Dallas two weeks ago, succumbed to the virus today (Sunday), reports Reuters.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/305795#.VDHJSSe9KSP

http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-patient-dallas-turns-critical-no-u-cases-000058624.html

Ebola patient in Dallas struggling to survive, says CDC head
Reuters By Lisa Maria Garza and Sharon Begley
1 hour ago

Ebola patient has died

well that might explain why they will not let his girlfriend talk to him anymore...

It appears he isn't doing well...

from what I read.. it is a good likelihood he spread this to others

how many we will only know as those at the hospital leak the information...

early count... all in his family..

ambulance crew.. hospital staff.. homeless guy in ambulance ..

Today their assertion that the have the situation under control was dealt a severe blow with CDC's admission that they have 'lost' the homeless man who travelled in the ambulance with Mr Duncan when the sick man was vomiting violently and highly contagious.

We ran out of the Zmapp used to treat the two US doctors. Government funding held up the production and the rest was sent to Africa.

Today their assertion that the have the situation under control was dealt a severe blow with CDC's admission that they have 'lost' the homeless man who travelled in the ambulance with Mr Duncan when the sick man was vomiting violently and highly contagious.

What could go wrong there? :roll:

Steve said:
Ebola patient has died.

well that might explain why they will not let his girlfriend talk to him anymore...

Very good chance he spend some "quality time" with the girlfriend as soon as he got home.

TexasBred said:
Steve said:
Ebola patient has died.

Very good chance he spend some "quality time" with the girlfriend as soon as he got home.

Ohh baby, you're fired up. You're hot as a firecracker. :lol:

There is a book, The Hot Zone by Robert Preston, that details the original Marsburg, Ebola Sudan, and Ebola Zaire outbreaks of the 70's thru 90's---nonfiction--scary stuff. As I am reading it right now, I have to keep putting it down because what the US military's biohazard team has to say is not matching up what this admin is saying. And right now, I am believing the team! Good read, but scary as hell-o.

hypocritexposer said:
I was correct the day of the opening post...

Yes, Hypo, you were correct on two levels. One of the physical signs of Ebola in all of the chimps at Reston, VA, and at the USMARID was that immediately after death during the necropsy, the notes were always the same, "the internal organs looked like those of an animal that had been dead three or four days, not two hours."

After reading the book, I am darn glad that the US military was a front runner back in the 1980's---the CDC really didn't have a clue then, and they darn sure do not now.

Twister Frost said:
hypocritexposer said:

Yes, Hypo, you were correct on two levels. One of the physical signs of Ebola in all of the chimps at Reston, VA, and at the USMARID was that immediately after death during the necropsy, the notes were always the same, "the internal organs looked like those of an animal that had been dead three or four days, not two hours."

After reading the book, I am darn glad that the US military was a front runner back in the 1980's---the CDC really didn't have a clue then, and they darn sure do not now.

I read an article the other night (might have posted it here, don't recall) about the guy who originally discovered ebola back in the mid 70's. He's concerned today that with so many infected victims that the virus will have a greater chance to mutate.....perhaps to something less deadly, but more easily spread. As he commented, by killing its victims rather quickly, the virus does not help itself survive which goes against nature.

Well, this would suck, with our open border and all. I'm sure Buckwheat won't allow anything to be done to prevent this possibility.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2014/10/08/top-us-general-says-ebola-outbreak-coming-through-central-america-is-real/

Whitewing said:
Twister Frost said:
hypocritexposer said:

I read an article the other night (might have posted it here, don't recall) about the guy who originally discovered ebola back in the mid 70's. He's concerned today that with so many infected victims that the virus will have a greater chance to mutate.....perhaps to something less deadly, but more easily spread. As he commented, by killing its victims rather quickly, the virus does not help itself survive which goes against nature.

Based on the book (Preston/USAMRIID/CDC information), the Reston strain of Ebola did have at least one confirmed case in the US--a man who worked in the monkey house. He survived because the Reston strain is more like a terrible flu---killed monkeys all the same, but not humans. At the end of the book, the author talks about all the mutating that the three strains have done since the first case of Marburg in 1976--and end result is that all Level 4 biohazards share one commonality---mutation to survive and live another day without any known vaccine to eradicate. Scary stuff, especially when I know the information that is forthcoming right now downplays the seriousness. I have no doubts that the US has the ability to contain and control, but we look inexperienced right now---and I have to wonder why

Twister Frost said:
Based on the book (Preston/USAMRIID/CDC information), the Reston strain of Ebola did have at least one confirmed case in the US--a man who worked in the monkey house. He survived because the Reston strain is more like a terrible flu---killed monkeys all the same, but not humans. At the end of the book, the author talks about all the mutating that the three strains have done since the first case of Marburg in 1976--and end result is that all Level 4 biohazards share one commonality---mutation to survive and live another day without any known vaccine to eradicate. Scary stuff, especially when I know the information that is forthcoming right now downplays the seriousness. I have no doubts that the US has the ability to contain and control, but we look inexperienced right now---and I have to wonder why

That inexperienced look probably results from the top down incompetence that has griped the US government. No one is taking care of the shop.

I'd like to her more about what's said in the book.

Latest posts