• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Econ, I've been wondering about something

Help Support Ranchers.net:

pointrider

Reaction score
Who is going to "clean out the USDA?" And just how many of you are waiting for that to happen?

pointrider said:
Who is going to "clean out the USDA?" And just how many of you are waiting for that to happen?

That is a good question, Pointrider. I know a lot are working on it. A lot of people are tired of the incompetence and corruption they see. Americans have to make sure their government are working for them and not against them.

Econ101 said:
pointrider said:

That is a good question, Pointrider. I know a lot are working on it. A lot of people are tired of the incompetence and corruption they see. Americans have to make sure their government are working for them and not against them.

Were you calling for a clean up of USDA years ago when USDA was full of liberal Democrat farm org. people?

MRJ

MRJ said:
Econ101 said:
pointrider said:

Were you calling for a clean up of USDA years ago when USDA was full of liberal Democrat farm org. people?

MRJ

No, I wasn't involved in any of these issues until about 4 years ago. I don't have a problem with farm org. people whether democrat or republican. Being in NCBA you fit in that category.

Hear Chandler Keys is moving to the USDA. NCBA had to send him to the packers for more education before sending him to the USDA.

rancher said:
Hear Chandler Keys is moving to the USDA. NCBA had to send him to the packers for more education before sending him to the USDA.

I heard that a while back, too. The cattle/beef industry, and all of agriculture is very fortunate to have someone with his intelligence, knowledge of agriculture, and who has earned the RESPECT of the Congressmen who have experienced his insistence on accuracy and honesty going to work for us at USDA.

MRJ

MRJ said:
rancher said:

I heard that a while back, too. The cattle/beef industry, and all of agriculture is very fortunate to have someone with his intelligence, knowledge of agriculture, and who has earned the RESPECT of the Congressmen who have experienced his insistence on accuracy and honesty going to work for us at USDA.

MRJ

Were his comments on Mexico accurate and honest?

Sandhusker said:
MRJ said:
rancher said:

MRJ

Were his comments on Mexico accurate and honest?

I don't recall them, but seriously doubt they were dishonest. For more years than I care to remember, I have watched this guy grow up, starting as a brash, green, young college graduate working in the Washington, DC office and he has developed into a fine, successful leader for the cattle industry in that office. He has done and said things of which I did not always agree with or approve, yet he worked very dilligently to keep the messages and efforts of NCA, later NCBA, accurate and honest, insisting that was the best way to be successful. And he is right about that.

MRJ

mj...I don't recall them, but seriously doubt they were dishonest.

Let me refresh your memory mj, you seem to have a lapse of it when someone says something about your organization.

In 1998, Keys outraged the Mexican government when he said Mexican cattle "have more diseases than a bad bordello."

Tommy said:
mj...I don't recall them, but seriously doubt they were dishonest.

Let me refresh your memory mj, you seem to have a lapse of it when someone says something about your organization.

In 1998, Keys outraged the Mexican government when he said Mexican cattle "have more diseases than a bad bordello."

Tommy, I've complained several times on this site of having to look things up. I recall useless things so clearly, and details I want and need, I have to check to be sure of getting them correct.

However, I do recall you or someone else posting that comment by Chandler. Did he say it or not? I really do not know, since I hever heard it directly. However, I can imagine he might make such a comment.

Now, is it, or is it not true that Mexican cattle have been known to have quite a large number of diseases???? Much of the infrastructure such as sewage systems, and means to control cattle diseases are lacking there, are they not? The climate in much of Mexico promotes diseases, does it not?

Mexican officials and others may not have liked the terminology, same as I don't. It is good that he didn't use worse, IMO!

So......what type of meeting, where, and who was present when (if) he said that? I hear others complain of taking comments out of context. This one screams of that! It may have been quite appropriate, if somewhat juvenile.

MRJ

MRJ, it appears to me you are giving a Chandler Keys quote a whole lot more leeway and questioning than you do a Bill Bullard quote. :wink:

Latest posts