• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Edwards

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
I spent 3+ years at Stanford Hospital with my Wife, 40 years ago.
Most of the wives stayed By/With their Husbands.
All of the Sick wife's put pressure on their Husbands and they Left their wife's
It's not right but in having seen that I can not BLAME Edwards...

I was luck - My wife and I had a talk - She allowed me to have a GirlFriend - I know it was not right BUT She was sick Not Me - I Loved Her and wanted to stand by her and DID TO THE END...
I know it was hard on her but she allowed me to be there.
I know i'm saying this all wrong but I've been there

Did she "allow" you or did you stay because you promised her you would be there?
I have known both and husbands also push their wives away BUT women tell them no I am staying no matter what. When women push men away men dont fight to stay, they give in and walk away.

Doesn't a faithful, terminally ill spouse deserve better? Edwards was on the news today apologizing for what a horrible thing he had done. May it haunt him for the rest of his life.

MsSage said:
Did she "allow" you or did you stay because you promised her you would be there?

I Stayed BECAUSE I LOVED HER
I stayed with her 24/7 and was her nurse for months - (64days) at one time then a night out with a friend

msSage said:
I have known both and husbands also push their wives away BUT women tell them no I am staying no matter what. When women push men away men don't fight to stay, they give in and walk away.

I'm Sorry:
Stanford asked us into Putting Off Marriage - waiting and giving her something to Live For.

How does one walk in and say - -
Lets Get Married
Your Dyeing -

She Passed at 22

Traveler said:
Doesn't a faithful, terminally ill spouse deserve better? Edwards was on the news today apologizing for what a horrible thing he had done. May it haunt him for the rest of his life.

AMEN!!!

I think there was something in our wedding vows about being faithful, too love, honor and obey through sickness and health... To become one....
Old dog... That dog won't hunt....... :???:

I have always like the wedding part where it says a woman should love honor and obey. :D

Edwards was and is a sleazy bum, can you imagine him being president, damn ambulance chaser
Good luck

HAY MAKER said:
I have always like the wedding part where it says a woman should love honor and obey. :D

Edwards was and is a sleazy bum, can you imagine him being president, damn ambulance chaser
Good luck

Well said! He should have presented his mistress in all of those rally apperances instead.... wonder how much support he would have received instead...

Watching my brother die a month ago was the hardest thing I've ever seen. My brothers wife stayed by him thru every battle he endured and it was a tough battle. I would'nt walk out on a sick spouse for some other gal. It say's until death do us part.If my brother's wife finds a new man which I hope she does I'll be his friend.My sister in law held up her end of the bargain. They were married 19 years seven spent battleing cancer.My dad has been wheel chair bound for 32 years my stepmom has endured right along side him the whole way. John Edwards is a piece of garbage. Any one think his actions were correct is sadly in the same company.

Latest posts