• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

El Nino

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mayberry1981

Reaction score
It's that time of year again. I'm hearing once again of El Nino for this winter. So far the prediction for us in East Texas is mild to moderate. Have y'all heard anything and how will it affect your operations? Last winter it was so wet here you didn't dare drive through the pastures for fear of getting stuck.

Mayberry1981 said:
It's that time of year again. I'm hearing once again of El Nino for this winter. So far the prediction for us in East Texas is mild to moderate. Have y'all heard anything and how will it affect your operations? Last winter it was so wet here you didn't dare drive through the pastures for fear of getting stuck.

Still hoping for El Nino to come in- but the NOAA folks are backing off more and more on the predictions... Right now - most the weather predictors are forecasting a bitterly cold and snowy high plains- and with as screwy a year as we've had that could be possible... 90's a couple days ago- snow yesterday- 25 degrees this morning...
El Nino usually brings us a mild winter...

I agree the predictions so far this year has been off the mark. If weathermen got paid by the accurate forecast there would be a long line at the welfare office.

4Diamond said:
porkchop said:
Just cut 4 persimmon seeds here in central Mo. All SPOONS! :p

I've never seen anything but.... :shock:

I have seen fork and knife before, and I hate to admit it but usually the darn things are right, You don't want me to go into the wooly worms! If I did every one would know I'm nutts! :wink:

porkchop said:
4Diamond said:
porkchop said:
Just cut 4 persimmon seeds here in central Mo. All SPOONS! :p

I have seen fork and knife before, and I hate to admit it but usually the darn things are right, You don't want me to go into the wooly worms! If I did every one would know I'm nutts! :wink:

What about the wooly worms?Isn't it that the centre colour determines how long winter will be?I forget.

Grampa always said the darker the harder, and 80% this year are solid black in my neck of the woods. I'll let you know in May! :)

3words said:
porkchop said:
4Diamond said:

What about the wooly worms?Isn't it that the centre colour determines how long winter will be?I forget.

what about the Hog's spleen? :lol: :wink:

Hayguy said:
3words said:
porkchop said:

what about the Hog's spleen? :lol: :wink:

I believe that gentleman passed away,looking for new volunteer's?

apparently the length and thickness of a butcher hog's spleen can predict the upcoming winter

http://www.almanac.com/content/predicting-weather-pig-spleen

probably as close as any of the other weather prognosticator's :wink: :wink:

Latest posts