• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ELK! ELK! EVERYWHERE!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
.....including in the road in front of my car as I was heading to work this morning......was coming around a corner about 6:30 and a 4 point bull was just "moseying" across the road.....was not sure if my little malibu would stop in time...even though I was standing on the brake, screaming for the damned thing to "MOOOOOOVE!!!!"!!! could have really done some damage to my "baby" had it NOT gotten outta the way....just in time!! Missed him by a few inches!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

fulton said:
Any elk in the scapegoat wilderness? Headed there next week in search of a big one hopefully.... Its northwest of Helena.

yes, but they are getting thinned out from over-hunting!! so....be careful of idiots out there who shoot anything that moves....even if it IS wearing orange!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If ya get down this way, let me know.....come the first heavy snowfall and the onset of guns blazing in the hills, the elk will be all over us....tearing down all our fences and getting into our hay yards!! :mad:

do elk shed thier antlers?? if so, do you walk in search of them? could be good exercise and big $$$$

jigs said:
do elk shed thier antlers?? if so, do you walk in search of them? could be good exercise and big $$$$

folks who trek the hills around here for sheds do indeed make pretty good money....just gotta make sure you know where to look and have permission from the landowners before ya go "shopping"!!! :wink:

Latest posts