• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Elko trip

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Made it to Nevada. First stop- CAPRIOLA's!!!! Bought a new ranch rope and a saddle blanket. And some mule hide for wrapping saddle horns.
E359FD3E-C7B4-4E8A-A496-A03293237F0F.jpeg

8EF9757C-486A-431E-A461-40032D7BB580.jpeg

AC947465-AF8E-4692-8656-F059DF809793.jpeg

640F61ED-8F08-4E26-9ED8-4DD7F08288C5.jpeg
82C09E7F-F5CA-433F-9677-D39702761354.jpeg

16825EB0-7146-41CB-95C9-1F4411043E3E.jpeg

60289CCA-FA5F-4830-B6F0-675906E0C1D4.jpeg

Well the good news is nobody threw anything. I got to the theater and was sure happy to see it was a small venue. Had about fifty people there and I figured I could outrun that many if I had to. Got to meet Webfoot and his wonderful wife. I can't believe they drove clear to Elko!!! I'd continue to compliment Mr Webby but I'd hate to increase his hat size. But I will say they are fine and amazing people. (At least half of the couple are😁)
I did a fifteen minute set and only vapor locked once where I forgot a line. But folks came up after and were sure nice. Some of them were even non family members. 😂😂
We have enjoyed Elko. Had some good Basque food and our hotel was nice. Headed to a museum today and then east for the desert and home. I'll get pictures of the kids in their hats for ya later today. Thanks to all of y'all that sent prayers as they surely help this nervous old guy manage.

Bailed out of Elko before 7:00. It was 3 degrees out. Got home a little before 2:00. Two gas and road food stops and one pit stop in Jordan Valley. I have to say that H did by far the best job of writing and presenting cowboy poetry last night. I got the award for the person who came the farthest to the show...... but they forgot to give me the award!!! But between covid and fuel price we hadn't gone anywhere in a couple years. It was nice to take a road trip and to meet H's nice family. Meeting H ........ well .......

Bailed out of Elko before 7:00. It was 3 degrees out. Got home a little before 2:00. Two gas and road food stops and one pit stop in Jordan Valley. I have to say that H did by far the best job of writing and presenting cowboy poetry last night. I got the award for the person who came the farthest to the show...... but they forgot to give me the award!!! But between covid and fuel price we hadn't gone anywhere in a couple years. It was nice to take a road trip and to meet H's nice family. Meeting H ........ well .......
When we sold wool at Utah Wool buyers in Tooele, H showed up one time to say Hi, not too bad of a Guy.

When we sold wool at Utah Wool buyers in Tooele, H showed up one time to say Hi, not too bad of a Guy.
H and I exchange jab at each other for the fun of it. It is all done with a smile on our face. I wouldn't seriously say anything bad about him. But I wouldn't want to give him a big head by saying anything too good either.

H and I exchange jab at each other for the fun of it. It is all done with a smile on our face. I wouldn't seriously say anything bad about him. But I wouldn't want to give him a big head by saying anything too good either.
Webby is top shelf. Couldn't ask to meet a nicer guy. Him and his sweetheart were sure fun to talk to. It was the highlight of the trip for sure. Not half bad for a bareback rider.

We made it back to the desert. Happy we went and glad to be home. We have decided to go back to Elko in the summer and sight see

Latest posts