• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

elmo...............

Help Support Ranchers.net:

naw i aint fergot I still have a couple knots on my rib cage from that story, but now I am a bonafide city slicker kinda sad deal but a lady that i cared about[neighbor lady] died Texas was deep into a drought My lil blue heeler shotzie I had 22 years died and I had a run in with some meskins along the river.
I sold out, moved to town sit on my front porch most days sipping whiskey day dreaming
Good Luck

Sorry about your lady passing away.
Sorry about the loss of your dog.
23 years is a long time for a Blue Heeler to live. She must have had great care from you.
Do you still play your guitar??

Glad to have you back here posting and giving us all heck.

P.S.
That was ONE funny story. Wish I could remember it all.

Sorry about your lady passing away.
Sorry about the loss of your dog.
23 years is a long time for a Blue Heeler to live. She must have had great care from you.
Do you still play your guitar??

Glad to have you back here posting and giving us all heck.

P.S.
That was ONE funny story. Wish I could remember it all.
yes I play the guitar some cowboy songs like Lil Joe the wrangler and I like to pick my mandolin.
Hope you are well sweetie.
Good luck.

That's a wonderful song. Always gives me the shivvers when I hear it.

My dad loved to sing and he used to sing that song to me when I was growing up. (That was a LONG time ago.)

He also would sing "My dad gave my dog away" only he would sing it "My dog gave my dad away."
I would get so mad when he would do that. He was such a joker and a tease.

He would sing "Strawberry Roan" and "When the work's all done this fall." I loved them all.

Thanks for the video and the memories, Haymaker.

naw i aint fergot I still have a couple knots on my rib cage from that story, but now I am a bonafide city slicker kinda sad deal but a lady that i cared about[neighbor lady] died Texas was deep into a drought My lil blue heeler shotzie I had 22 years died and I had a run in with some meskins along the river.
I sold out, moved to town sit on my front porch most days sipping whiskey day dreaming
Good Luck
What did you do with Cotton?

I'll leave that up to you. 🤠 After all, you thought of it first. 🤣
Oh dear, FH knows me too well and just couldn't bring such punishment to her old friend HM. I knew I should have sugar-coated my stories, especially the one about a cheating fiance and super glue. My impressive ranch credential of helping over 1000, maybe 2000 bull calves transition to the steer monastery was tarnished by that story.

After reviewing Hays possible country song covering the key subjects of losing his woman, dog, ranch, drought, battle with border bandits, whiskey, and front porch, and impressive as that is, he didn't mention pickups, guns, guitars, or two-stepping. Be that as it may, I will need to brush up on my steel guitar playing to play along with such a bombardment of bad luck. The old flat tops just won't cut it with lyrics like that. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Oh dear, FH knows me too well and just couldn't bring such punishment to her old friend HM. I knew I should have sugar-coated my stories, especially the one about a cheating fiance and super glue. My impressive ranch credential of helping over 1000, maybe 2000 bull calves transition to the steer monastery was tarnished by that story.

After reviewing Hays possible country song covering the key subjects of losing his woman, dog, ranch, drought, battle with border bandits, whiskey, and front porch, and impressive as that is, he didn't mention pickups, guns, guitars, or two-stepping. Be that as it may, I will need to brush up on my steel guitar playing to play along with such a bombardment of bad luck. The old flat tops just won't cut it with lyrics like that. :sneaky:
I think you two would be a match made, well maybe not heaven but it would be interesting.
He's tried to steal every woman's heart on this site with his wit and charm.
It didn't work.

I think you two would be a match made, well maybe not heaven but it would be interesting.
He's tried to steal every woman's heart on this site with his wit and charm.
It didn't work.
I am guessing it didn't work (and he knew it wouldn't) because all the women here were married. Once I joined and made a few posts, he saw I was widowed and he thought, "dang finally a single gal but after reading her stories, I had rather ride an old crippled hinny on a steep mountain trail with loose shale than try to charm that crazy old nag,"

He must have read where Evans failed after his attempt to charm me with his sparrow story. I mean little birdies freezing solid right on the roost overnight just like a popsicle on a stick ... 🦜🦜🦜🦜🦜

"How could she resist such charm," Hay must have thought, "My Alamo reenactment story isn't worth telling after that."

Last edited:

Latest posts