• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

English Shepherds

Help Support Ranchers.net:

AC Diesel

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have any experience with English Shepherd dogs. I seen one a while back and it was an awful nice dog. Id like to get my boys a puppy if anyone knows of a breeder here in Nebraska that would be great!

Thanks AC

AC Diesel said:
Do any of you guys have any experience with English Shepherd dogs. I seen one a while back and it was an awful nice dog. Id like to get my boys a puppy if anyone knows of a breeder here in Nebraska that would be great!

Thanks AC

Personally I think they are great dogs! They have taken a back seat to Border Collies, but that doesn't mean they aren't the great dogs they always were. Excellent kids dogs and stock dogs. Maybe not as hyper as some Border Collies.
We used to have them.....had a natural bob tailed one that was fantastic.
I wish I could find that strain again. Good luck! Hope you find one. Let us know!

Try the English Shepherd Club--
http://www.englishshepherd.org/breeders-with-puppies.html

We have two English Shepherds, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. We got our female from Oklahoma and the male from Wyoming. They are great kid dogs, but they are great cattle/sheep dogs for us, too. I know the brother to our female is in Broken Bow, but not sure if they are producing puppies with him. I think Cedar Creek in Iowa has some puppies right now. I can look for the link for that, if you would like, or just search Cedar Creek Shepherds. Hope you find one for your kids---nothing like a puppy!

Thanks for your lead Twister, I sent them an e-mail a couple of weeks ago and never heard back. I did however find a purebred ES puppy from an old farmer who has raised a few litters over the years. I dont know who was more excited, the boys or me! :lol:
I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

AC Diesel said:
Thanks for your lead Twister, I sent them an e-mail a couple of weeks ago and never heard back. I did however find a purebred ES puppy from an old farmer who has raised a few litters over the years. I dont know who was more excited, the boys or me! :lol:
I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

! Glad you found one! That is exciting for sure. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Latest posts