• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Enough with the ice!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Finally got some snow and got my cows off the dugouts and licking snow-well damned it it didn't rain all Sunday night and then get to about 42F yesterday-we lost all our snow. There is a sheet off ice covering everything. The dugout banks look like a bobsled run for crying out loud-we have a water truck hauling water out to them-hopefully they don't wander off the feed ground because it's slippery everywhere. Was talking to a friend he said he lost cattle watering this year too-first time in 30 years. Give me a good old deep snow winter again.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, that ice sure is dangerous for man and beast. But............I kind of like this warm weather with only the little bit of snow we got! Sure makes winter go by alot faster. AND I HATE WINTER!!!

:D :D My kingdom for ice and snow. We are on day nine zillion of POURING rain. There is mud up to your privates and everything is slippery. I can't count the number of times I have fallen on my can in the last week :shock: Stupid boots getting sucked off every two seconds. And of course the horses come flying to the fence at feeding time so you get COVERED in muck. Their sliding stops are getting l..o...n...g Actually it is kind of funny. gotta keep on laughing ....

Judith - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - gasp - ha ha ha snort - pant - pant and not only pant - but wheeze - wheeze! My gosh, you should go on the stage - but make sure that SOMETHING isn't - - slippery! ha ha ha ha

DOC HARRIS ha ha ha and ha!

(This is ten minutes later) ha ha ha ha My gosh - I love this forum!

DOC

Well this danged ice cost me again today-the better half and me were moving water troughs today-well they are big plastic and slippery and just big enough you can't shut the truck endgate-well one slid back a bit-she hopped out to push it ahead and there went my back window $660. Then she hit a patch of ice and ditched it on the way to town to replace the window-the lady needed a hug and I gave her several lol.

Northern Rancher, I dont have a clue what model truck you have, but you might check ebay for a replacement window, I have managed to save alotta $$$$ gettin truck parts thru ebay. Anything from starters, alternators, radiators, to windows, and tailgate latches.

they say bad things happen in 3s........what number are you on now?
Just kiddin, hope things improve for you soon.

Judith said:
:D :D My kingdom for ice and snow. We are on day nine zillion of POURING rain. There is mud up to your privates and everything is slippery. I can't count the number of times I have fallen on my can in the last week :shock: Stupid boots getting sucked off every two seconds. And of course the horses come flying to the fence at feeding time so you get COVERED in muck. Their sliding stops are getting l..o...n...g Actually it is kind of funny. gotta keep on laughing ....
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Judith you live such a boring life,too funny :)
I hear you about the boots getting sucked in mud.

Latest posts