• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Especially for you, rancher.....re. NCBA update

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mrj

Reaction score
Didn't want this to get lost in the clutter of posts on the original NCBA Update.

First.......NOTHING the NCBA Policy division was involved with on that list (nor anywhere else!) was with Beef Checkoff funding. That is the reason there was no Checkoff insignia or mention on that eUpdate.

The research projects you thought were probably funded by checkoff dollars actually were research requests in an appropriations bill in Congress which NCBA supports.

Guess I'm just curious, so why did you imply that it was checkoff funding, anyway, when there was no mention of the checkoff?

MRJ

Thanks, now on to the death tax, what are you comments on that?

rancher said:
Thanks, now on to the death tax, what are you comments on that?

{I'm not in quite the hurry now that I was this morning.......so......What I know at this point is that our ranch has never been hurt by Capital Gains tax......and is sure has been by the Death Tax!

It would be bad enough if it were only the costs of setting up ones' business affairs to minimize the taxes to the degree possible.

I do not trust the liberals whose major goal in life seems to be to take away what working business people gain in life and give it to people who will be more manageable.

Further, I believe the Death Tax is only the first step and that we desperately need to totally re-work and reform our tax systems, local, state and federal, since agriiculture pays a disproportionate amount of taxes at all levels.

MRJ

MRJ

I'm not in quite the hurry now that I was this morning.......so......What I know at this point is that our ranch has never been hurt by Capital Gains tax......and is sure has been by the Death Tax
!

You wouldn't have capital gains tax unless you sold the ranch. Most ranches are corporations and that is where it hurts if the death tax it gone. If they could raise the limit on the death tax and keep the stepped up basis, then if the kids ever had to sell they wouldn't lose it to capital gains. But if we lose the death tax all together then most ranches that are incorporated would have to pay the capital gains from the time the ranch was bought. I think some pay capital gains every year, so this doesn't happen, but many do not.

Latest posts