• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Evening chores

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
With this nice weather I have been taking the strs out to graze. Not sure how much they gain eating the course old grass but it gets them out of the yard and spreads some manure around. It also gets them handling a bit better for next summer. Stringing out coming home.
Febuary142012ranch008.jpg

Febuary142012ranch007.jpg

My helpers.
Febuary142012ranch010.jpg

Febuary142012ranch012.jpg

Febuary142012ranch015.jpg

My 89 yr lod Dad enjoys getting out and settling down the bull calves. I think there is only 1 or 2 out of 14 that don't come up for a scratch. :D
Febuary142012ranch017.jpg

Febuary142012ranch018.jpg

Snowing a bit tonight but it is to be mild most of the week. It is already terribly icy under the grass. :?

I like the setting for your headquarters BM. :)

I hope I can pitch hay at that age. Heck, I hope I can do about anything but set around in an old folks home!

Just quitting snowing here....Snowed all day- and we picked up 3-4 inches...More than we've had in a couple of months....

say big dummie, next time your tsakin pictures of those steers, i wanna see a few horse ears, none of this 4 wheeler mess :D
good luck

PS sure nice to see that youngster dad of yours out earning his keep :wink:

HAY MAKER said:
say big dummie, next time your tsakin pictures of those steers, i wanna see a few horse ears, none of this 4 wheeler mess :D
good luck

PS sure nice to see that youngster dad of yours out earning his keep :wink:

Normally we use a horse but with out being sharp shod it is to slippery to ride safely. I was putting out some mineral for some cows and they kept slipping and going down out on the prairie. :?

Nice country to look at. What direction are we looking in on the first picture?

Good to see your dad out, don't know who else would keep you in line!

A bunch of nice pictures BMR. The steers stringing along toward home is a keeper. How's the hunting in all those breaks and draws? :D I am just kidding ya as i have saw the pictures of the bucks ya'll have taken. :D But seriously, if you aren't sure about the hunting maybe i could come up and check it out for ya. Anything to be of service. :wink:

Icy like here. Your dad reminds me of a good conversation had with a neighbour this summer.
He said people ask him what he does. "Ranch" and then what he wants to do when he retires. "Ranch" Then they ask his hobbies. "Ranching" And what else he wants to do. "I'd like to ranch some more"
When you find a calling your age doesn't matter too much.

Yeah I wouldn't want to go ski whiff down some of BMR's hills on a pony that's for sure-you have a twin to my Dezzie in your dog pack the long haired black

burnt said:
Nice country to look at. What direction are we looking in on the first picture?

Good to see your dad out, don't know who else would keep you in line!

The steers are headed pretty much due west, so you are looking south west. This yard has nothing square with the world. :wink: To get your bearing you have to look out across the flat and line up with a fence. The buildings are sitting where two long coulee's meet and open up into the Big Muddy Valley.

The Black dog is a PB Border Collie of Peter Gonnet's breeding.The Red and white dog is supposed to go back to Paul Schultes the auctioneer/horse traders good dog and the brown dog I got from Randi that posts here at ranchers. They have a great time "Helping" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: They are getting better and are getting a handle on the steers.

Great pics, I'm very envious of your bare ground, there's a good 10 inches on the ground here... just in time for calving :roll: . It beats a drought though! I like your helpers, I bet they love their daily steer job :D. You're very lucky to still have your dad out and about doing daily chores with you.

Latest posts