• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Evening windmill run, June 27, 2011 Part Two

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Shadowsonthehills.jpg

Shadows on the hills
Thesoapweedsarestartingtobloom.jpg

The soapweeds are finally starting to bloom. It's been a late spring.
Doeonthego.jpg

Doe on the go
Toomanyoftheseoutandabout.jpg

Too many of these out and about
Bloomingcactus.jpg

Blooming cactus
Dontfalloffyourhorsehere.jpg

Don't fall off your horse onto one of these. :?
Cattlegrazingthegreen.jpg

Cattle grazing on the green
Afewfliesoutandabout.jpg

Baldy two-year-old cow
Windmillinduplicate.jpg

Windmill in duplicate
Hillsidedisplay.jpg

Hills on display
Itwillbealongwalkifthiscritterconksout.jpg

It will be a long walk if this critter ever decided to quit me. Cell service is a bit iffy.
Viewofthehills.jpg

View of the hills
Sandhillssentinels.jpg

Sandhills sentinels
Watcherofwater.jpg

Watcher of the water
Sungoingdowninablazeofglory.jpg

Sun going down in a blaze of glory

You take some amazing pictures. I'll try to get some of mine up from the 27th also.

Beautiful pictures. Your grass looks outstanding. Especially to someone who put out hay today. We are totally buring up here. Hottest and driest I ever remember it here.
I haven't seen Kosmo on anything but his roan lately. What ever happened to that good looking sorrell he used to ride a lot ??

efb said:
Beautiful pictures. Your grass looks outstanding. Especially to someone who put out hay today. We are totally buring up here. Hottest and driest I ever remember it here.
I haven't seen Kosmo on anything but his roan lately. What ever happened to that good looking sorrell he used to ride a lot ??

Sorry to hear how hot and dry it is down south this summer. We've been in that condition many times through the years, and its no fun. Hope things turn around for you, and that you get some rain soon.

Funny (and coincidental) that you should ask about the Kosmo Kid's Sundance horse. The horse is getting up in years and no one was riding him much anymore, so we took him to a horse sale today. He brought $725, and was the second high selling horse at the auction. The high seller brought $775. The horse market is not very good. We can thank the bleeding hearts for that.

You guys sold Sundance? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
I wish I'd have known about it. I'd have put him with our horse that's been lame for a long time...they could have fought flies together. :D
I sure always liked that Sundance
horse, didn't realize he was getting up in years.

Well, like my old cowboy buddy used to say, "Nothin's forever." :cry:

Latest posts