• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Excitement in Baker

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
So about 5:00 I decided to drive into Baker for a couple of things. About half way to town there was a state police car parked in the middle of the freeway. The trooper was out of the car looking back the way I had come from with what looked like binoculars. About a mile or so later I was in the inside lane about to pass a slower vehicle. Suddenly a car shoots past me on the right and switches lanes to get in front of me doing about 100 mph. Nearly hitting both me and the car I was about to pass. His left rear quarter panel and bumper are nearly dragging on the ground. It looks fresh. I look in the rear view and I see blue lights coming from way back there. Pretty soon the state trooper goes by at about 100 mph. At the first Baker exit there is a Baker City cop parked sideways across the exit. He is picking up what looks like spike strips. I get off at the next exit. To my right at the other end of the Super 8 motel there is a bunch of cop cars. I take a left and go take care of my business. When I come back there is still a bunch of cops. So I circle around the gas station across the street. I pull up next to some people who are standing around watching. I asked if they caught this idiot yet. The reply was no he is hold up somewhere over there. I see two cops with rifles in the parking lot and I count 10 cop cars. I decided that they didn't need my help so I left. A little excitement on a Sunday evening in Baker City.

Nothing on the net yet. My neighbor said that he heard the guy stole a car from a car dealer in Baker. Drove east to Huntington where he got turned around and headed back this way. The condition of the left rear quarter panel makes me wonder if the cop tried one of those bump to spin out moves on him. Maybe it that is why he was headed back this way.

I don't subscribe to the news paper so it cut me off before I could read the whole article. This guy wrecked his car on Saturday. While I was at roping school he wrecked and started a fire along the freeway. Part of our crew went and put that fire out. I saw pictures of that car it was totaled plus. Charlie said from the tracks he had to be doing over 100 and never hit the brakes. The cops gave him a ride to the Super 8 that day. He is from Salt Lake City. Probably a buddy of H. They arrested him on multiple charges. That is about when the article shut down on me.

When searching for the article about this I found another high speed chase in Baker. This was about 6 weeks ago. That driver was also from Utah. H could you please keep the idiots down there. We have enough of our own home grown idiots we don't need imports from Utah.

I'm shipping them out as fast as I can. We have so many idiots here we are over stocked and i thought I'd share a few with y'all. I had a SLC idiot in a side by side fly around a blind corner and almost nail my truck and stock trailer Saturday. Somehow it was my fault from the fingers and language used by him. I somehow managed to NOT run him over or shoot a hole through his gizzard. Guess I'm maturing with age???
Webfoot- sorry the Utards are raising hell up your way.

Latest posts