• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Extended forecast for next Wednesday night, May 30, 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Wednesday Night

Partly cloudy with a chance of snow. Low of 32F. Breezy. Winds from the NE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

http://classic.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=69218

Lisa just put out her tomatoes and peppers. It better not freeze, or you will hear lots of FOUL words clear up at your house.

I have my tomatoes out...it got pretty cold last night, but isn't to get
below 36 degrees for the remainder of the week, but who knows... :p
Guess if they freeze, it's early and I can go get some more. I planted
a garden this year for the first time in several. Our neighbor planted
a garden in a round stock tank last year and it did unbelievanly well, so
this year she is planning on using two stock tanks. We planted ours
in an oval one, so it will be interesting. I could not believe how much
she got out of hers last year. Beautiful tomatoes!!

We have had a nice showery afternoon today. Pretty dry here, so anything is appreciated. I'm guessing, judging by puddles in driveway, that we MIGHT have between .25 and .40" of rain.

Perfect timeing, IF it covered more than a small area where we live. The crew moved yearlings to a different spring pasture to take advantage of the sweet clover growing there. AND had time to get the last of the 'heavies' into one small pasture so keeping an eye on them will be much simpler. Good rain on the vacated pastures will make them more apt to last through the summer and fall.

FH, I hope you will keep us posted on how the 'container' gardens work out. Pictures? Maybe we need a yard and garden 'new topic', though it fits nicely with weather, gardens being so much better with good rains than artificial 'rain'. I've been toying with the stock tank idea for a a container, but would have to buy one.

mrj

I spent all day helping a neighbor take his cows to the forest. Don't think it got above 45 all day, rainy windy, and I DID NOT have near enough clothes on. Hard to adjust to the weather, when it was 95 on Tuesday, and 45 wet and windy on Thursday.
The good part about it though, was he had some sick calves that wouldn't have made the trip, had it been warmer.

Latest posts