• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Extreme Frontiers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
We spent the day hosting this film crew. Great Fun.
http://www.bigearth.com/extreme-frontiers/

I'll try and post the pictures tomorrow of me on the BMW 1200cc motor cycle they let me ride home for about 20 miles. :D :D

The tracking spot map is our place. They are off in the morning.

I rode on the back of one of those carrying on a conversation in a quiet voice at 110 mph.

Was all set to buy one but the atv was more practical. Next it was the tractor.

Now I see an 81 R65 for $2K on Craigslist.

floyd said:
I rode on the back of one of those carrying on a conversation in a quiet voice at 110 mph.

Was all set to buy one but the atv was more practical. Next it was the tractor.

Now I see an 81 R65 for $2K on Craigslist.

I heard them talking about $20,000 but my son said it was closer to $29,000.

They sure do just purr along. :D

I met a couple guys on new beemers who were going to drive up to Barrow or Nome----then ride to tip of s america. Figured they'd sell them for whatever they could get, then go home.

I asked where home was--switzerland.

I asked what they did there to be able to afford this kinda trip---raised cattle.

One kid said his family had about 40 simmental cows, owned them till they were hanging.

I told him it must be more lucrative to run cows in switzerland than here.

He said it was country's policy to maintain rural aspects, that tourists expected to see them and that they did 'quite well, thank you very much'

Naturally, i tried to get ahold of my govt officials to chat about 'maintaining rural aspects'----expect to hear back imminently...........

hillsdown said:
Sweet ! Love Charley Boorman . Do you know when it will air BMR ?

I think it will be next year but they are to let us know when it will air in Canada.

I guess Charlie is a bit of a celebrity but I had never heard of him. :oops:

My cousin said he enjoys Charlie's books. :? :D

Thanks BMR ,would love to watch it.

You have never watched " Long way round " ? It was a great doc. series starring Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman . If you can you should check it out I think you would like it . :D

Big Muddy being interviewed at the Outlaw caves
july2035.jpg

Nate the Cameraman taking shots of the US border from above the outlaw caves.
july2040.jpg

Big Muddy getting instructions from Russ the Producer, while Mungo the cameraman rolls film and Charley is close by, before BMR rides the bike home
july2047.jpg

Big Muddy back at home and back is a more comfortable hat.
MichealandtheBMW013.jpg

After supper I took Charley for a drive the old fashion way
MichealandtheBMW018.jpg

We had a great day and Charley and Russ said they will let us know when the episode will be airing in Canada. We'll keep everyone informed as soon as we hear.

No better way to travel through the countryside than on 2 wheels. I put about 9,000 miles a year on mine. Going to Colorado and on up to Wyo. to visit my son later this summer ( I hope ).

Latest posts