• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fake Okie

Help Support Ranchers.net:

passin thru

Reaction score
Bubba Wayne and Billy Bob, who are both from Denton,Texas, traveled to Grand Lake, Oklahoma for a vacation. While walking along a busy downtown street, they see a sign in a store window which reads, "Suits $5.00 each, Shirts $2.00 each and Trousers 2.50 a pair."
Bubba Wayne says,"Woo Hoo, Billy Bob! We could buy a whole gob of these clothes, take 'em back to Denton, sell 'em to all our friends and make a fortune fer us." Bubba Wayne continues, "Now when we go in there, don't you say a word, okay? Just let me do the talkin' 'cause if they hear your Texas accent, they might think we're ignorant, and they won't wanna sell them clothes to us. Now, I'll talk in a slow, fake Oklahoma drawl so's they won't know."

They go in and Bubba Wayne says with his best fake Oklahoma drawl, "I'll take 50 of them thar suits at $5.00 each, 100 of them thar shirts at $2.00 each, and 50 pairs of them thar trousers at $2.50 each. I'll just back up my pickup and......"

The owner of the shop interrupts, "Ya'll from Texas, ain'cha?" "Well....yeah," says a surprised Bubba Wayne.

"How come'd you know that?"

The owner replies, "Cause this here's a dry-cleaners." :lol: :lol:

That is the thing about jokes , they can be revised and modified. Tell us more about your husband and what he did for aliving, etc.

I understand. I know this probably isn't good timing for you, but the saying "Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all" really has a lot of merit.

From what I have read of your posts, I think what you had together was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Be thankful you found each other and got to share something very special. Even when we spend years together, as my husband and I have, the time seems very short to me. So I know the time you had your husband must seem fleeting to you.

I think about your relationship alot because the pain of losing him still shines through in your posts. That in itself is a tribute to what must have been a fine man.

Again, I am sorry for your loss.

Latest posts