• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fall Photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

EmptyPockets

Reaction score
Not a very good year for fall colors around this neck of the woods with early freeze and dry conditions. Took a few shots anyways.

A blend of colors a few days ago.
[/img]
greenyellownorth.jpg

A little hardpan and sage along the changing season.
DSC00112.jpg

Some frozen, some green, some in peak, some past.
[/img]
DSC00019.jpg

What you see sometimes looking down from a creek bank. Warm sun + no wind= Sleeping fawn.
[/img]
sleepingfawn.jpg

All decked out and showing off!
oneineverycrowd.jpg

A female feathered fowl frolicing forth finding food under fall foliage.
[/img]
fallturkey.jpg

A piece of past history under leaves soon to be history. A historical past pic in the present?
olddrill.jpg

A politically correct tree. Has every color stands for none.

[/img]
goodtwo.jpg

Leaves falling on some relaxed bovine. Falling leaves must mean "Fall"is officially here?

fallingleaves.jpg

A yucca sunset to bring and end to summer and welcome in fall.

[/img]
stromcloudyukka.jpg

:wink:

Nice fall pictures, Empty Pockets. You snuck up pretty close to the slumbering baby deer.

We had a pleasant surprise last night. It started raining about six o'clock in the evening, set in to a steady downpour, and drizzled most of the night. We ended up getting 2.7 inches of moisture, which is the best rain for many moons. The ponds even got a bit of water back in them. I haven't been camping for quite a while, but even if I'd gotten wet doing just that last night, I would still have woke up this morning being a "happy camper." :wink:

Quite an interesting variety of pictures you shot! Love the Fall colors and old machinery.

lazy ace said:
Nice pictures, Did you get the bad wind last night?

have a cold one

lazy ace

No Lazy Ace, we only got a pretty good gust when showers started then it calmed down and just rained. Unfortunately it wasn't not 2.70 like Soapweeds but only .27.
Did you get much for Precip? I know to the east and north I heard of some substantial rainfalls up to 1.50.

Soapweed:
Glad to hear you recieved such a nice rain. I don't think there is anything more enjoyable then hearing the pitter patter of the raindrops all night after a dry spell. Seems like an early Christmas present when you check the rain gauge and find that big of an amount in it.

Faster Horses:------------------------------------------------------------------------Lovely photos, and I see Soapweeds gift of good picture captions has rubbed off on you!
...........Some may imitate but none can duplicate...... Mr. Soapweed!
:wink:

NR. Thanks .....This fall the colors seem so bland but I still appreciate any color the leaves provide. Soon they will be gone and for nearly7 months all we will see is bare branches.

Latest posts